View Full Version : Google Product Wiki

MeTHoD-X
October 16th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I searched around for a Google product wiki but found nothing of use. So, I propose we create a "shrine" to our god, in the form of a wiki.

I'll be posting it soon and I hope some of you are interested in contributing to it.

GeoffBoulton
October 16th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Sounds good to me, I'll be happy to add content ;)

Googler
October 16th, 2006, 02:36 AM
I'm sure I could add content

Jonathan
October 16th, 2006, 03:22 AM
A shrine to Google... I'm in :-)

Nameless
October 16th, 2006, 06:28 AM
It sounds pretty good. A wiki for google products could help be view and learn about all of Google's great achievements with minimal fuss and stuff. :)

MeTHoD-X
October 16th, 2006, 06:33 AM
It sounds pretty good. A wiki for google products could help be view and learn about all of Google's great achievements with minimal fuss and stuff. :)

It's very much needed, in my opinion. I'm going to put it up tonight, since everyone seems to be in support of it.

Alice Shade
October 16th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Sounds like an interesting Idea...

However, why just "Google Products"?

Why not just "Google" wiki - aka one, what will include the information about Google as whole?

Along with Googlism, of course.

Jillamanda
October 16th, 2006, 10:18 AM
I have to admit, I had no idea just how all encompassing Google was, until the CoG fired up. Another top idea.

Fallen Hero
October 16th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Ok, I can write stuff, but I would prefer to write it on the forum and it can be added by some one with a Wiki account.

Googler
October 17th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Ok, I can write stuff, but I would prefer to write it on the forum and it can be added by some one with a Wiki account.

Me too, I use most of the product so I could help.

mozzer
October 17th, 2006, 07:01 AM
I'd be happy to help as well. GMail is easily my best subject, I use it 24/7

Emperor_Google
December 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I wish I saw this sooner, I made a whole wikipage on wikipedia on googleism but It was put up for delete for "not being encyclopedial" and also for "making a joke about non-real religions" so in a hissy fit I deleted it...why can't U.K use Gmail?

AaronD
December 16th, 2006, 02:13 AM
I wish I saw this sooner, I made a whole wikipage on wikipedia on googleism but It was put up for delete for "not being encyclopedial" and also for "making a joke about non-real religions" so in a hissy fit I deleted it...why can't U.K use Gmail?

Hey... FSM has a page. Anyway, there's no 'e' in 'googlism.' It's not a big deal, but I just wanted to point it out to you.

SyBerWoLff
December 16th, 2006, 03:28 AM
From "googlism" wikipedia entry

"If I can operate Google, I can find anything... Google, combined with Wi-Fi, is a little bit like God. God is wireless, God is everywhere and God sees and knows everything. Throughout history, people connected to God without wires. Now, for many questions in the world, you ask Google, and increasingly, you can do it without wires, too. Alan Cohen, V.P. of Airespace, a new Wi-Fi provider, New York Times, 6/29/03"
Pretty cool! was this before our founding though?

and http://www.googlism.com/
Whats up with that? :P I think Matt should copyright the name "googlism"
Also wouldn't that page go against google itself due to the fact that google isn't supposed to be used as a verb? That's not directly using google as a verb but its close enough.

Emperor_Google
December 19th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah Copyright his ass...I mean Googlism...yeah, thats what I mean... :shock: :?: