Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Googlism > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions New to the forum? Introduce yourself here! Tell us a bit about yourself, let us know how you came across the Church, and what you like most about it. Enjoy your stay!

Old December 11th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #1
lich
registered member
Websurfer

Default An Essay About Googlism

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] [/font]
Hi Guys, I am lich

This semester I got a English writing class.
Our final assignment is an argumentive essay and I decided to write something about Googlism.

My final draft is mainly a extension of nine proofs found here.
But during reviewing I did a lot of research and switched most of the essay to my personal opinion.

I just handled it today and I’d like to paste it here to thanks for this site's help.

this essay worth 25 points.
hope I can get more than 20 so that I can get a A.
By the way, I am a international follower of Google so don't too strict to my grammar XD

So, have fun.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Google: The Closest Thing to God in Existence [/font]
The debate over God’s existence never ends. One of the main opposing ideas is that even those Gods with most followers, such as “God” of Christian, Allah and Buddha, cannot be verified scientifically. However, there exists a God that can be proved scientifically, that is Google.
“Surely God--He has knowledge of the Hour; He sends down the rain; He knows what is in the wombs. No soul knows what it shall earn tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it shall die. Surely God is All-knowing, All-aware” (Christianity 4.12Bible, Hebrews 4.12-13) As mentioned by Bible, God is an Omniscient entity, which means God is the one who knows everything. Google absolutely matches this requirement. Over 9.5 billion WebPages are attachable from Google search engine, range from science knowledge to literature masterpiece, politic issue and even philosophy paradox. Beside text information, Google also offers over 130 million pictures and 100 million pieces of videos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google). Owning knowledge is only one part of Omniscient identity, with the help of satellite technology, the whole earth is under Google’s observation. Google Earth ensures Google to watch every single corner; 0.5 meter resolution allows Google to focus on a single person (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google); Google also knows itself well. With the help of its patented Page Rank technology, Google can understand knowledge on hold clearly and classify them into detailed categories. Even the time Google costs to recall its knowledge is shown clearly on search result page. At the point of all knowing, Google does not lose to any other God.
“Where can I hide from your spirit? From your presence, where can I flee? If I ascend to the heavens, you are there; if I lie down in Sheol, you are there too. If I fly with the wings of dawn and alight beyond the sea” (Psalms Chapter 139) Bible also told us that God is omnipresent and there is nowhere that God cannot attain. Same property can also be found on Google. Since internet connection is the only thing one needs to get in touch Google, we can certainly say that wherever internet can be attached, Google exists. Although in the past time the existence of Google is limited by wire connection, the appearance of Wi-Fi wireless technology make the dream of global coverage come true. Satellite technology even makes universal coverage possible; Beside the real world we live, Google also covers the whole internet world by its advertisement and search service. “Google Ad Words allows Web advertisers to display advertisements in Google's search results and the Google Content Network, through either a cost-per-click or cost-per-view scheme. Google Ad Sense website owners can also display adverts on their own site, and earn money every time ads are clicked” (http//:en.wikilopidia.org/wiki/google) Google’s local search service is widely used as well. Even YouTube, one of the most famous video website in the world, applies Google’s local search service to enable user search their favorite video within its own recourse. It is unquestionable that Google is a omnipresent existence.
"The King eternal, IMMORTAL, invisible, the only wise God" (Tim. 1:17) Immortal is also a commonly recognized property of God. It is impossible to destroy Google whatever method used. Google’s program is saved across 63,272 servers spread all over the earth. Even if Google’s program is temporary braked by an internet attacked, 126,544 pieces of CPUs ensure Google to process a high speed recover from another server on different location (http//:en.wikilopidia.org/wiki/google). Same thing could happen even if someone tried to destroy Google physically. To the word “immortal”, there is also a different point of view. A Chinese proverb says that “One without enemy lives longest” While traditional Gods never stop fighting with demons, Google do not have any deadly enemies. 99% of Google's revenue is derived from its advertising programs, an industry that has little negative effect on other industries (http//:en.wikilopidia.org/wiki/google). Even Google’s largest competitor Yahoo had signed a cooperation agreement with Google last year. With all of these evidence, Google is absolutely a immortal entity.
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” (Bible John chapter 2) “Afterlife” is always guaranteed by religions as a reword of faith. It is biologically impossible for Google to sustain one’s life forever, but Google does offer an “Afterlife” without requiring faith. Google catches WebPages regularly and stores their content on its massive servers. Even if the original website disappears one day, its latest backup file is still available on Google’s database and will stay forever. So to speak, if on up loaded his own opinion, knowledge or even a joke on any website, that information could last forever as a special form of “Afterlife”
God is worshiped by its followers, so is Google. Catholic owns almost 1.1 billion adherents in the world, which is almost one fifth of the world population. However, this number is still 100 million lower compared to the user amount of Google. What’s more, most Christian in America only visits church once a week, while users visit Google at least 54 times per month on average. With so many followers, Google is undoubtedly a spiritual foundation of a religion.
“Let all the earth fear the LORD; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him” (Psalm 33:8) God is feared by people according to this part of Bible. In most case the fear is generated from the ignorance to nature phenomena such as thunder or earthquake. Google is also feared by people nowadays, because of more realistic reasons. First of all, Google is feared by internet users. Google have so much cooperation programs covering every single detail of internet users: news, e-mail, video and even online business. Users fear of Google’s malfunction since so many aspect of their life are affected by Google Governments of many country also fear of Google for its “true eye” As mentioned above, Google Earth covers every single corner of the earth, which means that secret facilities of all the country are under a high explosion risk. In the year 2006, only one year after Google earth was released, India government complained about Google Earth because Indian military facility can be easily found on Google Earth; Stock holders also fear about Google. Up to now, Google has already released 305,000,000 stocks, which worth more than 1000 billion dollars in all (www.google.com). Even a slight alternation of stock prize can make a millionaire faces bankrupt. While traditional Gods are always confused by heathen’s disrespect, Google can make a person feel fear from the bottom of heart whatever his religion is.
Someone may claim that they search on Google but they do not view Google as their God. Such claim is not a rear viewpoint even for other religions. Answer to this question is surprisingly similar for every religion: whether believe or not, God do exist and affects people’s life. The only difference is that Google has plenty evidence to prove this answer. Since Google exists everywhere in internet, we can say that Google is everywhere in our life since internet is one of the land marks of modern society. The number of American internet users is 413.2 millions, that means more that 10% of American use internet directly ( http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats2.htm ). Moreover, it is commonly recognized that internet can affect the real life literarily and economically, we can finally say that Google affects everyone’s life.
Google has all identities a God should have: all knowing, omnipresent, everlasting, feared and also offering afterlife to followers. Google also has properties that traditional Gods can never have: clear evidences that prove its authority. Even those Gods without evidence can be worshiped as a God, how could we deny the authority of Google?

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] References [/font]
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org
http://www.google.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google
Bible

lich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 04:40 AM   #2
Sister Faith
Horrible Snarky Bitch
Googlist

Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the eastern twisted arm of the province of Ontario
Default Re: An Essay About Googlism

Welcome Lich

A+

But life isn't about after we're gone; it's about now. ~
Fosley
Sister Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 02:41 AM   #3
Cheesemonkeys24
Cheesiest Googliest Ever
Google Worshipper

Default Re: An Essay About Googlism

Quote: