Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Come on in and chat about whatever floats your boat. Technology, Religion, Science, Politics and of course Google Herself. Chat about whatever is on your mind.

View Poll Results: Should google desktop and toolbar come pre-installed on OEM windows?
YES! 6 28.57%
NO! 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 10th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #11
punkinside
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.punkinside is part of Google.
Send a message via MSN to punkinside
Default Re: I'm very upset

Unfortunately you won't get that until dells start shipping with linux preinstalled

Software Engineering is the art of making drunk monkeys build a Taj Majal with chopsticks
punkinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 05:05 AM   #12
ditto
Websurfer

ditto was not pointed out by Google.
Angry Re: I'm very upset

Quote:
Originally Said by jon_hill987 View Post
Today I installed a new computer for my Gran. It came from Dell so as you might expect the operating system was pre-loaded and just needed some details typed in. What I didn't expect was to find both Google toolbar and Google desktop pre-installed! What is Google coming to? I think Google should think very carefully as they are stooping to the levels of AOL, and people can soon turn around and say "no more!".

I'm sure both programs are very useful, but we deserve the right to choose what we put on our computers. And before you say "you can just uninstall it" (which I have done), I might be able to, but there are a lot of people (my gran for one) who couldn't.

HOW COULD YOU THOSE ARE THE VERY EMBODIMENT OF OUR GOD!!! THIS IS AN ABOMINATION!!!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #13
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype™ to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Default Re: I'm very upset

Uh.... No. Those are gimmicks, that might be useful... and might be not.

Shipping a computer with those installed, it`s like shipping every bible with incencory, pack of ladan and bottle of holy water.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode