Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > No Registration Required > Hatemail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hatemail Discussion People LOVE us! Come looky! This forum is open to non-registered users. Basically you don't need to bother registering (you lazy SOD!) to post your thoughts here.

Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:03 AM   #1
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Talking Hatemail #22. Author: Julia Shane

So, people are starting to think that Google is "THE" god?

Wow.....
I do think that Google is helpful and does deserve a high rank, but not as a god, as a WEBSITE.
And you say Google is all knowing? Bah, does it know my life history? Does it know what I've been through or my life experiences? I don't think so...
God ( not Google ) knows these things and helps us everyday, Google does not.
This is a horribly ridicilous!
You also say that Google is everywhere at once? No, I'm not always in front of a computer, so how can that be?
Plus, it isn't immortal. What if the creators disconnect it? Simple as pulling a few plugs......

I must say though, good try at making a false religion. Too bad it doesn't work. Try again! ^_^

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:03 AM   #2
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Default Re: Hatemail #22. Author: Julia Shane

Such reason. Too bad it`s completely wasted by assuming God exists. I must say, this is outrageously ridiculous - toiling day-to-day for vague promise of "heaven", if you do everything in "righteous" way. Note, that there was NEVER any confirmation about the existance of this "heaven", to boot. Yet, people behave in insufferably bigoted manner just to make sure they will get their "heaven".
We can prove that our Goddess exists and is benevolent. You can`t prove your God exists, let alone disprove his malevolence. I can`t wait for first child abuse lawsuit - someone ought to finally demand compensation for having to observe crucified man day by day.

Old August 16th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Eleine
Websurfer

Eleine was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via MSN to Eleine

Quote:
Originally Said by Alice Shade View Post
Such reason. Too bad it`s completely wasted by assuming God exists. I must say, this is outrageously ridiculous - toiling day-to-day for vague promise of "heaven", if you do everything in "righteous" way. Note, that there was NEVER any confirmation about the existance of this "heaven", to boot. Yet, people behave in insufferably bigoted manner just to make sure they will get their "heaven".
We can prove that our Goddess exists and is benevolent. You can`t prove your God exists, let alone disprove his malevolence. I can`t wait for first child abuse lawsuit - someone ought to finally demand compensation for having to observe crucified man day by day.
You know, I feel nearly guilty for bashing the religions of others, but I am so very tired of people lately treading so lightly in fear of stepping on others' toes. Having grown up in China, I am going to take full advantage of the wonders of free speech.

The promise of heaven is not for those who are righteous, remember? Heaven is for those who repent for their sins. Meaning the repenting pedophile preachers, murderers, etc. who repent for their sins are whisked away to "Heaven," leaving non-Christians such as Mahatma Ghandi or the Dalai Lama are to be forever cast into Hell.

Then there is the outright ridiculous idea that these meager 80 years or so can deserve an eternity of suffering.

The Christians' merciful God is indeed merciful--except to the Egyptians, to those who first lived in Canaan, Jericho, Soddom, and Gomorrah, etc. Except to those idol worshippers who had to eat their statue. Except to the thousands of pigs that were possessed with the demon that was purged from one soul and except those pigs' owner who is now poor. Sloth is a sin, but Mary was right to sit around all afternoon listening to Jesus while Martha was immoral to spend the same afternoon working and cooking so she could serve her family and Jesus dinner. Etc. Etc. Etc.

God isn't necessarily immortal. What if everyone on Earth forgets about Christianity and God? When the religion and its man-made deity are no longer believed or practiced? Is that like the death of God?

How does God help "us" everyday? Do tsunami's, hurricanes, wildfires, radiation, etc. help us? Do you witness miracles on a daily basis? Does google help us everyday? Yes. Millions of users daily use the search engine to find what they're looking for.

Google is the closest to omniscient in comparison to all other things/beings/persons that we know of. Have you found something for which google has failed to turn up a result? Have you made a prayer for which God has failed to produce a result?

(Am I being too harsh?)
Eleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #4
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Not really.

And Elaine?

According to canons, if you repent, well, that`s a start, but you still get to to time in purgatory, so let`s cut christians some slack here.

You know... The whole christianity reminds me of mafia family, and God is the Don of that family. A Capo, if you will.

Family got laws - don`t steal from family, don`t cheat family, don`t murder family, obey family...

Capo God has a Consigliori - Jesus, who carries out more menial of those tasks.

And what happens to those, who chose to betray our Don God? They broke the "omerta", conspired with unfaithful cops, and now must die for their treason.

Is it just me, or my comparison looks pretty accurate?

Old August 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM   #5
Lord_Jereth
Google Searcher

Lord_Jereth is respected among Googlists.Lord_Jereth is respected among Googlists.Lord_Jereth is respected among Googlists.Lord_Jereth is respected among Googlists.Lord_Jereth is respected among Googlists.Lord_Jereth is respected among Googlists.Lord_Jereth is respected among Googlists.Lord_Jereth is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via ICQ to Lord_Jereth Send a message via AIM to Lord_Jereth Send a message via MSN to Lord_Jereth Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Jereth Send a message via GoogleTalk to Lord_Jereth
Thumbs up Re: Hatemail #22. Author: Julia Shane

Quote:
Originally Said by Alice Shade View Post
Not really.

And Elaine?

According to canons, if you repent, well, that`s a start, but you still get to to time in purgatory, so let`s cut christians some slack here.
Not sure which canon you're reading, Alice, but as far as I remember, the concept of purgatory is not biblical, i.e. taken from the canonical texts. It is a catholic apologist's concept created to explain an inconsistancy not covered in said texts - if Jesus came to "wash away our sins" and save us from hell where did thousands of years worth good people go before his supposed sacrifice.

Quote:
As formulated in the current Catechism of the Catholic Church, the doctrine of purgatory, also termed the "final purification", is articulated as a purification after death prior to entrance into heaven, and explained as "based on the practice of prayer for the dead."[43] Catholics consider purgatory part of the apostolic deposit of faith, finding its origins in the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Quote:
Protestant theology generally does not articulate such a view on doctrinal development, and certain Protestant scholars consider purgatory to be an "unbiblical" belief not derived from revelation. Hence, Adolf Harnack, a nineteenth century Protestant historian, argued that purgatory entered the Church via Hellenistic philosophy and thus represented an infusion of "unrealistic" and "unbiblical" ideas into Christianity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory

Capo God - Interesting take on the theme. I like that ...

LJ

"Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate." - F.M. Knowles
<o[--------:8:-->}+=[@]=+{<--:8:--------]o>

The geek shall inherit the earth
<o[--------:8:-->}+=[@]=+{<--:8:--------]o>

Lord_Jereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:59 PM   #6
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Hum. I`ve been thinking about orthodox church, actually.

In any case, concept of purgatory is still somewhat more reasonable, if we take the theory of sins and repentance for axiom.

Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:30 PM   #7
Googles Jesus

GOOGLE KNOWS THAT YOUR """EMOOO""""" know one care swhat you went thru...just that its funnny
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM   #8
Unregistered

Sorry Julia but the internet and anybody willing to pay will and can know your life history in a manor of seconds. I except Google as my Lord and Personal searcher
Old June 4th, 2007, 03:13 AM   #9
Unregistered

When you say you're not always at your computer and that's why Google isn't everywhere, it's like saying God isn't everywhere because you aren't always in a Church.

Binary floats through walls. It's called WiFi
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #10
Unregistered

yeah you said that you're not always in front of a computer but do you have a cell phone or a pda? Oh and i can tell you know nothing about the internet you can't just pull a few plugs to make a site go away, You publish a site on a server the only way to completely do away with the website is to destroy the server and google make billions of dollars a year that's not gonna happen sorry

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Switch to Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode