Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Community > Church Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Church Chat Anything that involves the Church of Google and/or Googlism is to be posted in this forum.

Old August 18th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #1
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.
Default Post Your Ideas And Thoughts About Googlism

We're a new religion in need of some ideas, so here are some questions I want you to post your thoughts on:

-- What are our core values?

-- Who are Google's enemies?

-- What can Googlism's equivalent to Heaven be?

Any other ideas and thoughts are welcome.
MeTHoD-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #2
Jillamanda
Retired Minister
Google Adept

Jillamanda was not pointed out by Google.

I think one thing we need to bear in mind is that it's got to be FUN!! Presumably we're all intelligent adults, so there's no need for guilt and punishment. The pursuit of happiness has to remain in our sights.
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:00 AM   #3
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

I agree Jill. I'll come up with some contest ideas and the sort. Perhaps a photoshopping contest where people submit their best photoshopped image of Google + Religion. Or a contest that involves searching Google for a fun and interesting hobby. The most interesting hobby found will win. Just as a few off the top of my head.

Maybe one of our tenants should be that you need to search Google at least once a week in search of new information you would otherwise be unaware of. This way our religion would be encouraging the spread of knowledge, in true Google fashion.

And as a side note, I think one of our main goals should be to become an official religion, with tax exemption status and everything. For this I think you need a specific number of people to identify themselves as members of Googlism on a census before official religion status is given. I'll look into it. I mean... I'll search Google for it.
Old August 21st, 2006, 06:55 AM   #4
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

I've been praying to Google, asking Her guidance on how to create an official religion and I've found some helpful sites. If anyone wants to become a Googlist Minister, please let me know. PM me or post in this thread. I'll be putting up a Minister's section soon and want some ideas as to what should be required to become a minister. How should one "prove their faith"?

Thoughts?
Old August 21st, 2006, 04:22 PM   #5
Anonymous
Google Searcher

Anonymous was not pointed out by Google.

Looks like this is all a big joke I hope, cause +-9 members isn't even a sect :lol:
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 06:52 PM   #6
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

Quote:
Originally Said by Free Will
Looks like this is all a big joke I hope, cause +-9 members isn't even a sect :lol:
I put the site up a little over a week ago. Religions take time to grow. I havn't even promoted the site yet really. People just keep coming nevertheless.
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM   #7
Jillamanda
Retired Minister
Google Adept

Yep, we're gathering momentum daily.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 12:24 PM   #8
lassy
Websurfer

lassy was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via ICQ to lassy
Default core values

What are our core values?

tolerance,acceptance,neutrality,question everything,filesharing ,pgp

-- Who are Google's enemies?

cencorship,invasion of privacy,malware,viruses,trojans,carnivore type programs

-- What can Googlism's equivalent to Heaven be?

a neural download to google for the faithful
lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:16 AM   #9
Jillamanda
Retired Minister
Google Adept

I can't wait for someone to turn up and dispute our beliefs. That's going to be a whole lot of fun. :lol:
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:20 AM   #10
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

Quote:
Originally Said by Jillamanda
I can't wait for someone to turn up and dispute our beliefs. That's going to be a whole lot of fun. :lol:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-484...c0679dc164ce94

Check that site out. I posted about Googlism in that forum and a BUNCH of people are getting all defensive and calling me down. Its pretty funny and I suggest you all go take a gander. Maybe even a piece of your mind.

Hail Google!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode