Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Your search - aglajgijgija - did not match any documents. > Random stuff. Think bar chat without the violence.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Random stuff. Think bar chat without the violence. Discuss less world-critical matters here: Gaming, Music, Jokes, Funny Videos, etc. This forum is for more light-hearted and chatty discussions. enjoyment
enjoyment
enjoyment
enjoyment

Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2006, 04:25 AM   #11
Nameless
resident
Google Worshipper

Hey, here's another thought. Since Christians have been hijacking holidays for their religion all the time, I think it's time somebody stole one back off them. Let's steal Christmas as Google Appreciation Day!
Old September 19th, 2006, 05:12 AM   #12
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

Well Tofu, it looks like you came up with a great idea dude. Google Appreciation Day is now in the works. I'm designing a page for it now. I just need everyone here to pitch in and throw their ideas at me so we can come up with a general consensus as to what its going to be about.

1. What day will it be held on?
2. Will we hijack a Christian holiday?

What I can say, is that I personally want it to be about seeking out information that will BETTER your life.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on these forums for contributing their ideas and for generally being so passionate. We're beginning to turn into a very intelligent, respectful community. Your all helping this religion evolve into something bigger and better than anything I could have come up with on my own. So, for that I thank you.
Old September 19th, 2006, 06:23 AM   #13
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

I've been thinking about this, and maybe it should be a once a month type deal?
Old September 19th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #14
Carnifex
resident
Google Searcher

Seeking out something to better yourself seems like such a great reason to be part of the googlist faith.
Old September 19th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #15
Fallen Hero
Lurk moar!
Googlist

Once a month is good, put on a specific day, the 25th of the month would work well, It would encompass at least 2 holidays I think. :?
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Old September 19th, 2006, 06:32 PM   #16
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

Quote:
Originally Said by Carnifex
Seeking out something to better yourself seems like such a great reason to be part of the googlist faith.
And I'm thinking that we can also report back on what we find in the hopes that somebody else on the forums can use it to better their life.

Quote:
Once a month is good, put on a specific day, the 25th of the month would work well, It would encompass at least 2 holidays I think.
I'm not sure about the 25th, because I don't really expect people to take an hour or so out of their day on Christmas to research ways to better their life. Personally I could probably cram it in, but Christmas is such a hectic day and I think it would be unfair to ask people to cram yet more stuff into it.

With that said, how long do you think we should spend researching ways to better our lives? I think there should be no limit. You can spend five minutes or ten hours, as long as you find something that will actually truly improve something in your life. Agree?
Old September 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #17
Fallen Hero
Lurk moar!
Googlist

Hmmm, you're right. Halloween is also a no go.. not all the Months have 31 days and besides Halloween is just too awesome to be on the computer.
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #18
Tofu
Tofu Cheese
Google Searcher

Quote:
Originally Said by MeTHoD-X
Well Tofu, it looks like you came up with a great idea dude. Google Appreciation Day is now in the works. I'm designing a page for it now. I just need everyone here to pitch in and throw their ideas at me so we can come up with a general consensus as to what its going to be about.

1. What day will it be held on?
2. Will we hijack a Christian holiday?

What I can say, is that I personally want it to be about seeking out information that will BETTER your life.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on these forums for contributing their ideas and for generally being so passionate. We're beginning to turn into a very intelligent, respectful community. Your all helping this religion evolve into something bigger and better than anything I could have come up with on my own. So, for that I thank you.
1. Saturdays.
2. It might be, if a church would be hijacking.
That's right, on Saturdays we're GOIN' TO CHURCH! It will either be in a chat room, or on habbo hotel. PLEASE, METHOD X! MAKE A CHURCH! Okay, here's another one.
1. October 31st [or 30th if we don't have time]
2. It's halloween, the time where the world is filled with evil. So we shall do the most evil thing of all: search on MSN or Yahoo. Or maybe another search engine.
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #19
Googler
Member enjoyment
Google Adept

Send a message via GoogleTalk to Googler

Quote:
Originally Said by Tofu
1. Saturdays.
2. It might be, if a church would be hijacking.
That's right, on Saturdays we're GOIN' TO CHURCH! It will either be in a chat room, or on habbo hotel. PLEASE, METHOD X! MAKE A CHURCH! Okay, here's another one.
1. October 31st [or 30th if we don't have time]
2. It's halloween, the time where the world is filled with evil. So we shall do the most evil thing of all: search on MSN or Yahoo. Or maybe another search engine.
I see how a chat room might be beneficial. We should have fun holidays though...
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:32 PM   #20
Erasmus
resident
Google Searcher

Send a message via GoogleTalk to Erasmus

Why put it on a Christian holiday?

It will eclipse yours, as well as creating the illusion you are affiliated with or in emnity against Christianity in particular. Which is not a good image to have, either way round.

Just choose a nice out-of-the-way day that marks an important event in Google's history, such as its creation, or the birthday of its creator.

EDIT: If you want a chatroom, setting up an IRC channel is the work of a moment. I even have a bot almost permanently online on the Quakenet server that you're free to use.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode