Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Come on in and chat about whatever floats your boat. Technology, Religion, Science, Politics and of course Google Herself. Chat about whatever is on your mind.

Old November 17th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #1
Mathew
Searcher

Mathew was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via AIM to Mathew
Default Click to call - Google Maps

From Google's Blog:

Click to call in Google Maps

11/16/2006 09:24:00 AM
Posted by Min Zeng, Google Maps team

Last week, I was trying to buy blue lightbulbs for a party at my house, and I ended up calling ten different stores before I found one that carried them. Now with the new calling feature on Google Maps, I can do this quickly and easily, and never have to lift a finger to dial.

Here's how it works: Search for a business, like a hardware store, on Google Maps, and click the 'call' link next to its phone number. Then, enter your phone number and click 'Connect For free.' Google calls your phone number and automatically connects you to the hardware store.

There are two things that I really like about this. The business's phone number is automatically stored in your caller ID so you can easily call back in the future. And by checking the box to remember your phone number, you can make future calls from Google Maps with just two mouse clicks (and picking up your phone, of course).

We're providing the 'call' link as a free service to all businesses. These aren't ads and don't influence the ranking of businesses in the search results. We foot the bill for calls (local and long distance), but airtime fees or other mobile fees will still apply if you use a mobile phone number. Currently, the calling feature works if you live in the U.S. and are looking for a business located in the U.S.

Learn more about this, and also our privacy policy.

Update: Added link to "hardware store" example.

Permalink |
(Ripped from http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/...ogle-maps.html)

Man I love Google!
Mathew
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #2
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via MSN to Googler Send a message via Yahoo to Googler

They make life more convenient every day!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode