Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old October 17th, 2006, 08:42 PM   #1
mozzer
Searcher

mozzer was not pointed out by Google.
Default Post Count

Surely the Flame zone should have no post count. Thats how people can gain post by posting in a unmoderated forum
mozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #2
SyBerWoLff
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.
Send a message via AIM to SyBerWoLff Send a message via MSN to SyBerWoLff Send a message via Yahoo to SyBerWoLff

I agree to that, I try to stay clear of that forum.

Contact me on Google Talk at syberwolff@gmail.com
SyBerWoLff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #3
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via MSN to Googler Send a message via Yahoo to Googler

Quote:
Originally Said by SyBerWoLff
As do I.
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #4
AaronD
"He puts the forum in the skin, or he gets the hose again."
Googlist

AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to AaronD Send a message via MSN to AaronD Send a message via GoogleTalk to AaronD

Quote:
Originally Said by Googler
Quote:
Originally Said by SyBerWoLff
As do I.
Me too.
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #5
mozzer
Searcher

Flame forums are generally bad for the community as it leads to long term angst between members
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #6
Nameless
Retired Minister
Google Adept

Nameless was not pointed out by Google.

On the other hand, flame forums can be very fun and keep the crap out of the regular discussions. It's like if you have an argument with someone instead of carrying it around and being angry at them for weeks to come, you just settle it with one fistfight and then get on with life.

At least, that's what us wise males usually do.

I agree that post count should be disabled there though, probably the same with the jokes forum, or any other 'spammy' forums should the be introduced.
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:57 AM   #7
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Post count is a vanity thing really. If somebody explains to me how I can turn post count off in certain forums, I'll gladly do it, otherwise I have no idea how. I think you need an add-on to do it.
Old October 18th, 2006, 06:15 AM   #8
mozzer
Searcher

Turning post count off wont stop people posting there so it will be good in the long run
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:21 AM   #9
Fallen Hero
Administrator
Googlist

Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via GoogleTalk to Fallen Hero

I try not to post too much down there. I am game for giving a few jokes, but IFU will get very few comments from me.
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #10
SyBerWoLff
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.
Send a message via AIM to SyBerWoLff Send a message via MSN to SyBerWoLff Send a message via Yahoo to SyBerWoLff

Classification: 51 Add-On's

MOD Name: Disable Post Count Increase
Author: Xore
MOD Description: This mod enables you to selectively turn off post count increments on each forum

MOD Version: 1.0.1 (updated: 09/23/03)
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 1 Minute

Download File: dpci101.mod
File Size: 5008 Bytes

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=138032

Contact me on Google Talk at syberwolff@gmail.com
SyBerWoLff is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page