Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old October 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM   #1
Mathew
Searcher

Mathew was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via AIM to Mathew
Default Sermons

This is addressed to the Ministers of the site.

It would be interesting to have a weekly / monthly sermon on the forum. Perhaps have a group entirely for sermons. Have the forum topic open for 1 - 3 hours after the inital opening, then lock it down. This would give all members the ability to be kept in the loop, if not participate. I think it would bring more people to our church.

As an Administrative look, you could have a rotation for each of the Ministers to provide an opening to a sermon. This would allow us to get closer to our Ministers (as happens in other religions) and would allow us to anticipate our favourite Minister's sermon. You could also add this as a pre-requisite to the role of Minister (have to submit 2 - 3 sermons to a Minister that will be evaluated by all of the Ministers). Being that you have a few Ministers (and hopefully growing *wink wink), I don't think that this would be too much of ad administrative nightmare.

Obviously (at least for the time being) this is an online world, so involvement isn't what it would be in RL Church, but with a movement to something like this, you could not only track participation in the sermons, but read retention rates. This theoretically would give you a much better idea of how much involvement people have in our Church.

Sorry if I seem long winded, but thanks for reading!

Mathew
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Fallen Hero
Administrator
Googlist

Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via GoogleTalk to Fallen Hero

Ok, I am still organising my response, just one request, Tofu, do NOT suggest doing this in a chat room.
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 08:04 PM   #3
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

I think, that cermons are NOT a good idea.

Explaining, why - word cermon means, that action is ceremonial - which does NOT meshes with Googlism all that well. And as every ceremonial action, it would quickly lost any meaning it could`ve had, and turn into religious tradition - ritual. Which is just not what rational people would do.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 09:42 PM   #4
GeoffBoulton
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via Skype? to GeoffBoulton

Quote:
Originally Said by Mathew
As an Administrative look, you could have a rotation for each of the Ministers to provide an opening to a sermon.
I for one wont be volunteering any time soon. Much though I love our church I'm not getting up at 4 a.m. to please the web browsing habits of our American cousins

Yes, there is a world outside of the USA and most of us on this side of the Atlantic, and further afield, are proud to live in it
For Christianity to promise salvation it must convince men that there is something to be saved from. It has nothing to offer a happy man living in a natural, intelligible universe and therefore declares war on earthly pleasure and happiness. Just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation. George H Smith

GeoffBoulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 10:29 PM   #5
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via MSN to Googler Send a message via Yahoo to Googler

I'm in the U.S. eastern time zone, but I'm not sure I'll have much time. If it was on a weekend I guess I could.
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:52 AM   #6
Nameless
Retired Minister
Google Adept

Nameless was not pointed out by Google.

Time differences and the dreaded Real Life will make such a thing difficult to do. In any case, sermons would be getting just a little bit to close to REAL worship for my tastes. :? And ditto what Fallen Hero said, I was thinking that exact same thing. :lol:
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #7
Mathew
Searcher

Mathew was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via AIM to Mathew

OUCH!! I feel sooo slighted! Err rather not... I used Google to search slighted, and found http://slighted.net/, and I thought ooooh shiny!! :-)

Alright Ladies and gents, thanks, just wanted to give a suggestion!

Mathew
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page