Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old November 8th, 2006, 10:14 AM   #1
DSarathy
Websurfer

DSarathy was not pointed out by Google.
Default Confession Hall

Hi All,

I guess having a confession hall for a church makes sense. What do you say?

D Sarathy.
RankQuest
DSarathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #2
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype™ to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

It would.

If we had any sins to confess.

But seeing, as Googlism does not operates through forbidding, confession hall quickly loses most of it`s appeal.
Honestly.... What would one confess there, if everything is at their own judgement?

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:42 AM   #3
GeoffBoulton
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via Skype™ to GeoffBoulton

I have a confession. I once believed that Father Christmas, Fairies, Unicorns and God were all real. But that was in 1964 when I was 4 years old. I've grown up since then though and, of course, Google has been invented too

Seriously though, there's very little need for a confessional. We believe people are free to make their own minds up about what is right and what is wrong. There is very little that we would consider a 'sin' that would therefore need confessing.

Sexual preferences involving children is one obvious exception that would require immediate ex-communication from our church and your being reported to the police. There's no hiding behind the 'sanctity' of the confession booth over this one in OUR church!

However, if someone wants to get something off their mind, and give us a good laugh into the bargain, then hey, why the hell not!
For Christianity to promise salvation it must convince men that there is something to be saved from. It has nothing to offer a happy man living in a natural, intelligible universe and therefore declares war on earthly pleasure and happiness. Just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation. George H Smith

GeoffBoulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #4
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Pray to Google and you will find your confession hall.

http://grouphug.us/
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #5
jon_hill987
Google Minister
Google Adept

jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.
Send a message via MSN to jon_hill987 Send a message via GoogleTalk to jon_hill987

Google forgive me for I have sinned; I used "live" search.

(It wasn't my fault really, normally I just type the name of the site (eg: hotmail for www.hotmail.com) into the address bar and let firefox do the rest for me. I was on another computer that only had IE, well you can guess the rest...

antispam!
jon_hill987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 02:52 PM   #6
DSarathy
Websurfer

DSarathy was not pointed out by Google.
Default Reasons to have Confession Hall

The following reasons validates having confession hall.

1. Having a confession hall does not mean that we expect a lot of sinners to confess there. It is just an option like in any other Church. In fact we would be in a better position to validate itís purpose (that there is no need for a confession hall) after seeing the reception of confession hall from the community.
2. If we have a Satan, why not have confession hall?
3. Always sin need not be the ones, which are committed deliberately. There are sins, which are committed unknowingly. Probably for this the confession hall would help as well.
4. Excluding what we had mentioned, the word 'sin' is already mentioned in the forums 29 times and one time in one of our prayers by Larry Gagnon
Quote:
Hail Google, full of hits.
Our searches are with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst search engines,
and blessed is the fruit of thy servers.

Holy Google, Mother of Searches.
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our disk crash.
Amen.
Quote:
What would one confess there, if everything is at their own judgement?
If everything is at their own judgement then the existence of the God become insignificant.
6. Confession refers to the acknoledgement of a violation of a belief. Do all of us agree that we all adhere all the guidelines mentioned by our God - Google ?

Though I wish and want no one using confession hall, but still feel that we need to have one to validate this.

D Sarathy.
RankQuest
DSarathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #7
Fallen Hero
Administrator
Googlist

Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via GoogleTalk to Fallen Hero

Quote:
Originally Said by MeTHoD-X
Pray to Google and you will find your confession hall.

http://grouphug.us/
Gah! No, that place is fucked up. I have seen it before and DO NOT GO THERE (also note, 18+ with some illegal content: ie. incest and child sex stories. Also mostly made up crap) I repeat DO NOT EVER GO THERE
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #8
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via GoogleTalk to Googler

DSarathy is see your point, but because you are not punished for your sins we don't really need a confession hall in my opinion.
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:07 AM   #9
AaronD
"He puts the forum in the skin, or he gets the hose again."
Googlist

AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to AaronD Send a message via MSN to AaronD Send a message via GoogleTalk to AaronD

I disagree with confession halls entirely. The only point they serve is to try and make you feel guilty for mere FEELINGS or THOUGHTS which you cannot control, not only actions. I think that a confession hall would be very out of place in any open community where anything you don't want to tell anybody about you keep to yourself, anything meant for one specific person reaches that person through email, IM, or PM, and anything else is meant for everyone to view.
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:42 AM   #10
Jillamanda
Retired Minister
Google Adept

Jillamanda was not pointed out by Google.

Yep, I agree. Confession is one of the worst aspects of religion - we don't want it here. Of course, if someone wants to confess something to the whole board, then they are free to do so. But no Googlist should ever feel pressure to confess anything.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode