Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Come on in and chat about whatever floats your boat. Technology, Religion, Science, Politics and of course Google Herself. Chat about whatever is on your mind.

Old November 8th, 2006, 10:19 AM   #1
altyfc
Websurfer

altyfc was not pointed out by Google.
Default Adding Google Maps to your website

Hi there

We have recently launched a website that works in conjunction with Google Maps.

It's essentially a tool that helps webmasters add free, custom Google Maps to their websites, without the need for technical knowledge. I would be grateful if you could check it out and let me know what you think (the address is http://www.aardvarkmap.net )

Thanks

Aaron
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #2
GeoffBoulton
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via Skype? to GeoffBoulton

Hey, it's free! Here's where I live, 400 yards from the forest

Click for Aardvark Map

I like it, it's easy to use and since it's free and powered by the mighty Google I'm sure I'll find a use for it

The only problem I can see is that it doesn't appear to support non-latin characters so the Ł in Popiełuszki doesn't show up properly in the marker.
"An atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated."

Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Old November 8th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #3
altyfc
Websurfer

Thanks, Geoff... glad you like it.

I don't know if the non-Latin characters is something we can control, or if it's in the hands of Google... let me go and find out for you...

Aaron
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #4
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via MSN to Googler Send a message via Yahoo to Googler

Not bad we might actually use something like this on the site
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #5
altyfc
Websurfer

Thanks...

I'm a Messenger man usually (I know, it's just that's what most others seem to use :oops: )... will see if I can get you on that.

Aaron
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #6
AaronD
"He puts the forum in the skin, or he gets the hose again."
Googlist

AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to AaronD Send a message via MSN to AaronD Send a message via GoogleTalk to AaronD

Quote:
Originally Said by altyfc
Thanks...

I'm a Messenger man usually (I know, it's just that's what most others seem to use :oops: )... will see if I can get you on that.

Aaron
Another Aaron? Nice to meet you!
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:01 AM   #7
disciple
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via AIM to disciple

here is my place
<a>Click for Aardvark Map</a>
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #8
altyfc
Websurfer

Hi AaronD... I'm not a true Aaron like you... I'm Aaron the Aardvark (to keep withe brand) :oops: :lol:

disciple... don't look like the board supports HTML... when you create a map, you want to select the BBCode option in order to post here.

Aaron
Old November 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #9
disciple
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via AIM to disciple

Thanks for that; it said it was so easy that any idiot could create a personal map, however, they didn't claim that any idiot could post a link to that map!???? This idiot will have to learn to read instructions more closely in the future (and will get around to fixing that F up in a couple of days).
I am probably (unfortunately most times) a 'surface processor' http://www.ntlf.com/html/pi/9511/article1.htm#cooliris
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #10
SirRuben
Numb..
Google Worshipper

SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.

Click for Aardvark Map

:P

If i have to find jesus, does that mean he's hiding? - "Come out, come out, wherever you are... oh, you’re on the cross again. Damn it Jesus, you suck at hide and seek."
SirRuben is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode