Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Come on in and chat about whatever floats your boat. Technology, Religion, Science, Politics and of course Google Herself. Chat about whatever is on your mind.

Old December 14th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #1
jon_hill987
Google Minister
Google Adept

jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.
Send a message via MSN to jon_hill987 Send a message via GoogleTalk to jon_hill987
Default Good News!

No, not the "good news" the Christians like to spread, real good news. What good things have just happened in your life?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got the last of my before Christmas deadlines out of the way, it was my progress summery (read telling your tutor how you are getting on) for my final year project. The good news is I got 76% and due to the insane marking scheme that means that my final mark for the project has to be between 38% and 76%, yes that is right, though half of your mark is protected you can never do better than you do at this stage, no matter how much work you put in. I was really worried I was going to f*** up today and get less than 50 or something. Did I forget to mention this project is seriously weighted in our overall grade?

antispam!
jon_hill987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

Weird.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #3
jon_hill987
Google Minister
Google Adept

jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.
Send a message via MSN to jon_hill987 Send a message via GoogleTalk to jon_hill987

Quote:
Originally Said by Alice Shade
Weird.
The marking or me? :P

antispam!
Old December 14th, 2006, 11:03 AM   #4
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

Marking.

Here, you only get one final mark, when you turn in project, nothing else.

Old December 14th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #5
jon_hill987
Google Minister
Google Adept

I think they do it this way so you don't leave it all to the last week.

antispam!
Old December 14th, 2006, 03:14 PM   #6
Kokoba
talentless hack
Google Adept

Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Kokoba Send a message via GoogleTalk to Kokoba

My boyfriend's flying in this Wednesday, and we're going to Philadelphia with my parents to see 42nd Street.
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM   #7
jon_hill987
Google Minister
Google Adept

Default Re: Good News!

Well this thread didn't get many posts did it. Perhaps nothing good happens?

Anyway I have some good news, I passed my degree! so I can now put B.Eng after my name.

antispam!
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:13 PM   #8
Digs
would seek the truth
Google Adept

Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Digs

My new personally-constructed computer Minerva is up and running. Lulzily, Windows XP required 78 updates, about 80% of which were for security.
Old September 21st, 2007, 06:20 PM   #9
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Good work, Jon.

Digs, you should`ve put in Service Pack 2. It`s got most of those in it.

Old September 21st, 2007, 06:22 PM   #10
Digs
would seek the truth
Google Adept

Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.Digs is part of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Digs

I'm pretty sure I did install SP2 but maybe not. I know it's on the boot disk I used. Ah, well, what's done is done.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode