Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old December 18th, 2006, 06:14 AM   #1
vaskafdt
Google Searcher

vaskafdt was not pointed out by Google.
Default Wikipedia

I have first learned about the belief that Google is the closest only provable concept in the universe that comes close to being god from wikipedia

and later after some searching i found the church

however wikipedia does not have an article about our beloved church and only refers to it under the Googlism article

Quote:
Originally Said by Wikipedia
Googlism as a religion

Googlism is also a term related to the Church of Google, a parody religion founded by Matt MacPherson in August of 2006. Followers believe the search engine Google is the closest humankind has ever come to directly experiencing a Deity, as typically defined. Supernatural deities are rejected on the notion they are inherently unprovable. Thus, Googlists believe the search engine Google should rightfully be given the title of "God", as it exhibits a great many of the characteristics traditionally associated with Deities.

If I can operate Google, I can find anything... Google, combined with Wi-Fi, is a little bit like God. God is wireless, God is everywhere and God sees and knows everything. Throughout history, people connected to God without wires. Now, for many questions in the world, you ask Google, and increasingly, you can do it without wires, too. — Alan Cohen, V.P. of Airespace, a new Wi-Fi provider, New York Times, 6/29/03
Googlism as a main topic being a web-application which queries text in Google, and displays the multiple ways in which the term is used among the results.

I think that our community that has grown considerably can have it's own Wikipedia article (I my self do not feel that i am up to the task, most of my wikipedia articles were rejected because they where not up to standard (and one bogus claim of copyright violation)) but perhaps one of the ministers or some other devout can spread the word by posting in an article

I myself will gladly (i have already begun) will insert "The Church of Google" links on wikipedia articles.

what do you all think?

Google is as Google does!!!
vaskafdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #2
SirRuben
Numb..
Google Worshipper

SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.

If i remember correctly, then someone already posted an article to Wikipedia about us, but the cancelled it because they think of us as a joke.

Perhaps their minds have changed..

I'm not up to the task either, but i think that an article about us would be asskickin'!

If i have to find jesus, does that mean he's hiding? - "Come out, come out, wherever you are... oh, you’re on the cross again. Damn it Jesus, you suck at hide and seek."
SirRuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #3
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype™ to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

Lemme munge on that a bit.

Maybe I`ll write one. Looking into it.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 03:25 PM   #4
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype™ to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

Alright, here is a primer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Google

Everyone, please, if you have something to contribute/correct, jump in, and do it.

Old December 18th, 2006, 11:39 PM   #5
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via MSN to Googler Send a message via Yahoo to Googler

I agree with Alice everyone add to it as you see necessary, originally we had one but Wiki deleted it two days in a row because it was considered spam or something. I'm going to read through the guidelines and find a way to make it stay.
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #6
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via MSN to Googler Send a message via Yahoo to Googler

Make sure that the guidelines on these pages are followed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...lity_%28web%29

I believe that I can get us some sources as well.
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #7
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Sorry about the triple post but I found some resources that might be of use and I wanted them to be separate:

http://googlified.com/2006not-google-productsservices/
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...gle-godly.html
http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...scenarios.html
http://battellemedia.com/archives/003085.php
http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2006-08-24-n32.html
Old December 19th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #8
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Good idea. Maybe we should gradually refer to all those sources in Wiki.

Old December 21st, 2006, 07:31 PM   #9
Saramon
Google Searcher

Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via AIM to Saramon Send a message via MSN to Saramon Send a message via Yahoo to Saramon

This may be off topic, But isn't Wiki alot like jesus, full of information, easily reached through god, and is corruptable by man?

Jeremy
Saramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:06 PM   #10
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

I wish.

I`m clawing and biting and grabbing at straws to keep the article, but it seems, that they won`t let it be on Wiki.

To tell the truth, I`m beginning to think, that it`s pretty much futile to try and get on wiki right now. Of course, I`m trying to get them to at least merge the article into some general list of small religions, or mention it in agnosticism, or something, but... It looks pretty bleak, so far.

Probably, I`d suggest to start our own wiki, and get into the business this way, but... There are two issues.

1) What to write? To add on a new wiki, we need a pretty general topic to explore, and just googlism will not cut it. too sparse. We`ll get laughed off the net for THAT kind of wiki.

2) Who`d contribute? Of course, I would, but if I`ll write whole wiki by myself, it won`t be much of a wiki anymore, would it?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode