Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

View Poll Results: which is better Google or the evil msn (slightly biased)
God (Google) 12 92.31%
msn 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #1
Truff
Websurfer

Location: over there, no not him, yeh thats me the idiot dancing the robot whadya mean the robots crap its ...
Truff was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via MSN to Truff
Default the third commandment is wrong

the third commandment is wrong http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/...ou-google.html
they say you can use google as a verb unless your using a evil search engine like yahoo (stupid yahoo with there killing of that chinese guy)

also why talk in ye old enlish
Truff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #2
Saramon
Google Searcher

Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.Saramon is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via AIM to Saramon Send a message via MSN to Saramon Send a message via Yahoo to Saramon

I use Google as a verb, Google is the only search engine I use, so as such I think that the word is fine in my volcabulary...Good thing Yahoo didn't get as big as google, I would hate to say that I am Yahooing something, that is just corney
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #3
SyBerWoLff
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.
Send a message via AIM to SyBerWoLff Send a message via MSN to SyBerWoLff Send a message via Yahoo to SyBerWoLff

Example: "I googled him on Yahoo and he seems pretty interesting."

If anyone said that to me I would just blankly stare at them and then slap them... really..... really... hard!

Theres nothing really really wrong about using google as a verb, we all do it, I mean it's like christians 'taking the lords name in veign'. You show me a christian that has never said "God damnit" and I'll... slap them too!

We have had a large discussion about this in the Googlism Debate forum on the old forums but I'm not sure where it has gone to or what the outcome was.

Contact me on Google Talk at syberwolff@gmail.com
SyBerWoLff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #4
jon_hill987
Google Minister
Google Adept

jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.
Send a message via MSN to jon_hill987 Send a message via GoogleTalk to jon_hill987

Quote:
Originally Said by Truff View Post
also why talk in ye old enlish
It is traddishonale too rite commandmentes inne suche a waye, thou villainous toad-spotted apple-john!

antispam!
jon_hill987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #5
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype™ to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

I think, that third commandment is about "not use "googling" as a synonym for searching", not about "don`t say the word".

After all, "to google something" means to search it through Google. Not through anything else.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode