Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Googlism > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions New to the forum? Introduce yourself here! Tell us a bit about yourself, let us know how you came across the Church, and what you like most about it. Enjoy your stay! enjoyment
enjoyment
enjoyment
enjoyment

Old April 25th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Dayve
resident
Searcher

Default Hello.

I am Dayve.
Dayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #2
Daruko
bot, bad or bannedScion of Google

Default Re: Hello.

Hello Dave. What brings you to the CoG? Where r yuo from?
Daruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #3
Tsar Phalanxia
Aeolipilic Industrialist

Sup?

Why does your name have a "Y" in it?
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
Tsar Phalanxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:40 PM   #4
Dayve
resident
Searcher

The opportunity to discuss a wide range of topics, some serious, most not, with what seem like interesting people to discuss those topics with, is what brings me here. Plus there seems to be a very high number of Atheists here, so I'll fit right in. I'm from England.

My name has a Y in it because when i first started using the internet 8 years ago the first thing i did was sign up to Yahoo so i could play Yahoo pool, which i enjoyed at the time. I tried to sign up using the name "Dave", which was obviously taken as hundreds of millions of people use it, and i didn't want to put numbers after Dave so i added a Y.
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Loki
Gluteus Maximus

As good a reason as any Dayve - welcome mate.

EDIT: OH bugger, forgot again. A few English on here - where abouts?
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Daruko
bot, bad or bannedScion of Google

Makes sense. Glad to have ya on board.
Daruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #7
Dayve
resident
Searcher

Also because i got banned from eBaumsworld, which i did on purpose.

After 3 years of using a debate forum like eBaumsworld, with the nastiest, most vile and despicable human beings on the planet that generally post there, i was becoming more and more depressed by the day just reading the type of things they said.

I was thinking about putting eBaumsworld in that thread where people post things that made you lose faith in humanity.

As for whereabouts in England, i have the grave misfortune of living smack bang in the middle of Manchester and Liverpool, two of the most disgusting cities in the civilized world.
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #8
Loki
Gluteus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Said by Dayve View Post
As for whereabouts in England, i have the grave misfortune of living smack bang in the middle of Manchester and Liverpool, two of the most disgusting cities in the civilized world.
Oh dear - talk to Phal, he can sympathise
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Dayve
resident
Searcher

When i complain about living where i do, people ask me... Why not just move if it's that bad?

If i go to Manchester, i'm in danger of having my head caved in because some interpret my accent as scouse. If i go to Liverpool, i'm in danger of having my head caved in because some interpret my accent as that of Manchester (Machurian?).

I go south past the divide i get my head caved in for being from the north. I go to Scotland i get my head caved in for being English. I go to Wales and they won't give me directions because 500 years or so ago the king who ran the country i was born in ordered his soldiers to do some bad shit to Wales, so for some reason they think i need to be punished for it.

Where would i go?
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #10
Tsar Phalanxia
Aeolipilic Industrialist

Quote:
The opportunity to discuss a wide range of topics, some serious, most not, with what seem like interesting people to discuss those topics with, is what brings me here. Plus there seems to be a very high number of Atheists here, so I'll fit right in. I'm from England.
Excellent. You're exactly the kind of person who'd fit in here.
Quote:
My name has a Y in it because when i first started using the internet 8 years ago the first thing i did was sign up to Yahoo so i could play Yahoo pool, which i enjoyed at the time. I tried to sign up using the name "Dave", which was obviously taken as hundreds of millions of people use it, and i didn't want to put numbers after Dave so i added a Y.
Ah. I can totally sympathise with you on the number thing.
Quote:
Also because i got banned from eBaumsworld, which i did on purpose.

After 3 years of using a debate forum like eBaumsworld, with the nastiest, most vile and despicable human beings on the planet that generally post there, i was becoming more and more depressed by the day just reading the type of things they said.

I was thinking about putting eBaumsworld in that thread where people post things that made you lose faith in humanity.
I've never been on it, although I do frequent /b/ quite often.

Quote:
Sweet Zombie Jesus! That's incredible! I live in Ormskirk!
Quote:
When i complain about living where i do, people ask me... Why not just move if it's that bad?

If i go to Manchester, i'm in danger of having my head caved in because some interpret my accent as scouse. If i go to Liverpool, i'm in danger of having my head caved in because some interpret my accent as that of Manchester (Machurian?).

I go south past the divide i get my head caved in for being from the north. I go to Scotland i get my head caved in for being English. I go to Wales and they won't give me directions because 500 years or so ago the king who ran the country i was born in ordered his soldiers to do some bad shit to Wales, so for some reason they think i need to be punished for it.

Where would i go?
Ireland?

Oh wait, they hate you too. Shit.

Note I said "You", seeing as how I was born in Belfast However, I don't have an accent whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Said by Rimmer View Post
Move to Sweden. And don't forget to vote for Piratpartiet. With the stupid new FRA law I'm at risk of getting arrested for filesharing. If I can just figure out a way to get uTorrent to work through a proxy...
Bwahaha...Oh that's rough. And only a few weeks ago, it was really liberal in it's copyright laws...
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
Tsar Phalanxia is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode