Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > No Registration Required > Guestroom
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Guestroom This section is for guests, who can not, or would not register. It is not moderated, but administration reserves the right to edit/remove any message without explicitly giving reasons for edit/removal. People, who post without logging in, will have IP address logged and showed, to omit abuse issues.

Old February 27th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #1
Devil`s Advocate.

Talking Jesus is dead!

Seriously.

He had good ideas, but he told them to wrong people, so they crucified him.

And he died there. And haven`t been resurrected, or anything. It`s just fairy tales.

Get real, people!
Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM   #2
SirRuben
Numb..
Google Worshipper

SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.SirRuben is respected among Googlists.
Default Re: Jesus is dead!

And i saw in a newspaper a few days ago that George Lucas have found two caskets he believes was the ones Jesus and Mary Magdalene was buried in..

But i can't find any sources..

*Edit, i found one*

Quote:
Meanwhile, James Cameron is getting set to unveil a new documentary that not only argues Jesus Christ had a child with Mary Magdalene, a la "The Da Vinci Code,'' but the self-proclaimed "King of the World'' claims he's found Jesus' casket. The Catholic League may need to get an extra fax machine to deal with this one. Though Cameron's next feature, "Avatar,'' has just been scheduled for release by Fox in May 2009, it's a fairly safe bet his doc will not be going out on the Fox Faith label.
http://blogs.nypost.com/movies/

Search for "jesus" in the text.

*edit 2*

here's some more:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/0....29857e84.html

If i have to find jesus, does that mean he's hiding? - "Come out, come out, wherever you are... oh, you’re on the cross again. Damn it Jesus, you suck at hide and seek."

Last edited by SirRuben : March 2nd, 2007 at 11:22 PM.
SirRuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Uber Geek
Websurfer

Uber Geek can speak raw queries to Google.Uber Geek can speak raw queries to Google.Uber Geek can speak raw queries to Google.Uber Geek can speak raw queries to Google.Uber Geek can speak raw queries to Google.Uber Geek can speak raw queries to Google.
Post Re: Jesus is dead!

I dont doubt for a second that Jesus Christ existed, the only question is was he the son of God or was he just a Moral philosopher. I prefer the latter, also there is no questioning the fact that the Bible promotes a healthy social attitude although something in it drives men to kill.

Or wage War.

Wierd eh!
Old March 4th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

Something?

It was intended for same thing as Qu`ran and Torah - to promote a certain nation and certain way of life, no more and no less.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Unregistered

Question Re: Jesus is dead!

Sometimes :P
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:34 AM   #6
Unregistered

If Jesus is dead, where is His grave? And more to the point where is His body?
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:52 PM   #7
Erasmus
Punter of Puppies
Google Searcher

Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via AIM to Erasmus Send a message via MSN to Erasmus Send a message via Yahoo to Erasmus Send a message via Skype? to Erasmus Send a message via GoogleTalk to Erasmus

Quote:
Originally Said by Unregistered View Post
If Jesus is dead, where is His grave? And more to the point where is His body?
This is an illogical argument for the continued existence of Jesus.

I could equally state that unless you can point me to the grave and body of King Arthur I will assume he is still alive and jousting to this very day.
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:57 PM   #8
jon_hill987
Google Minister
Google Adept

jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.
Send a message via MSN to jon_hill987 Send a message via GoogleTalk to jon_hill987

Quote:
Originally Said by Erasmus View Post
King Arthur is still alive and jousting to this very day.
You know it is true!

Anyways, yes you are quite right, bodies do rot, even bones eventually.

antispam!
jon_hill987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:16 PM   #9
Unregistered

I think it is fair to say that Jesus of Nazareth is the most influential figure in history or at least amongst the most influential, therefore, you would expect that he would have a grave that you could visit like the grave of Mohamed. Apologies for the spelling if I've got it wrong.

Wikipedia says about Arthur, "He was said to have been born in the 5th century. There is disagreement about whether Arthur, or a model for him, ever actually existed, or whether he is a mythic figure who has been given a historicised setting."

With Jesus of Nazareth there is no doubt about the reality of His life, unless you deliberately choose to ignore the facts recorded not just by the Bible but by about 5000 other sources. So surely someone that well known would have a grave site that people would make pilgrimage to... if of course, He died and did not come back to life. The reality of Jesus of Nazareth is evident daily when we look at the year. Granted there may be 5 years discrepancy between the believed date of Jesus birth and the calendar date, but regardless of that, the whole calendar is arranged central to His birth. If Jesus was a myth, then surely, the calendar would not have been rearranged to reflect how important His birth was.
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:05 PM   #10
Erasmus
Punter of Puppies
Google Searcher

Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.Erasmus is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via AIM to Erasmus Send a message via MSN to Erasmus Send a message via Yahoo to Erasmus Send a message via Skype? to Erasmus Send a message via GoogleTalk to Erasmus

Where did I say Jesus was a myth or never existed?

I said your argument that he is still alive because we have no body or grave is fallacious. There are a multitude of famous and influential people who have no marked grave. It does not follow that this means they are still alive.

If the choice is "the whereabouts of his remains are unknown because they were hidden, or lost in the passage of two thousand years" or "the whereabouts of his remains are unknown because he came back from the dead", then Occam's razor, not to mention basic logic dictate one should assume the former.

After all, I could put forward my own theory: "his body was stolen by Aliens." The fact that this theory adequately explains the missing body and grave does not make it viable in any way.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode
Rate This Thread: