Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > No Registration Required > Guestroom
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Guestroom This section is for guests who don't want to register. However, if you post without logging in, your IP address will be logged to prevent abuse issues. We want to hear your thoughts so don't be shy!

Old March 15th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #1
BLARG

Default Arguing with Christians- damn pointless!

I have very different beliefs than most others in my school, and thus often get lured into arguments. Anyone here ever noticed how pointless arguing with Christians is? They're all like "zomg the bible is real because the bible says so!"

If I bring up a good point, they'll be all like "you're goin' ta h3ll." bull sh1t. I believe in God, but not hell. I know everyone here doesn't believe in a God other than Google, but I'd rather rant than argue, so please don't attempt to question my beliefs.
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:48 AM   #2
AaronD
Retired Minister
Googlist

Send a message via AIM to AaronD Send a message via MSN to AaronD Send a message via GoogleTalk to AaronD
Default Re: Arguing with Christians- damn pointless!

Some of us here do believe in a god besides google, some of us do not. We have some of differing viewpoints on the forum. I myself have always found the prospect of one ridiculous, and thought that if there were dieties/was a deity, we'd have no way of knowing which religion, if any, got it right. Another belief I hold dear is that you may hold your beliefs, you may argue that they are true, and provide reasons why you think they are. In fact, you may do just about anything you damn well please with your beliefs as long as you don't insist that I share them with you.
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

Indeed.

You might believe in Flying Spaghetti Monster or Invisible Pink Unicorn for all we care. As long as you don`t attack us over what WE believe in, we wouldn`t even ask, what YOU believe in.

We argue with Xians, because they come here (where noone asked them to come in first place), entirely voluntary, and start spilling vitriol all over our screens, because, GASP, we dared not to agree with everything they hold as axioms.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #4
Wallis89
Searcher

This world would be very boring if every person thought and liked the same things. As long as nobody pushes belives on me I'm ok. Discuss them is one thing but forcing them another.

-Unknown
Wallis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:54 AM   #5
BLARG

lol...nice to know that no one here is gonna try anything stupid. As for the Invisible Pink Unicorn, no one actually believes in that religion, and that has actually been admitted. The "religion" represents atheism, and how this particular group of atheists feel about the concept of a God- as ridiculous as an invisible pink unicorn.
Old March 16th, 2007, 01:47 AM   #6
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

So does Flying Spaghetti Monster.

So does Googlism, for that matter. We point out, that if worshipping is needed, then something deserving such should be worshipped. Therefore, we worship Google, by using it.

Old March 16th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Said by Alice Shade View Post
So does Flying Spaghetti Monster.
I've actually gained some insight into Pastafarianism, and I've found out something:

People actually believe this stuff.

Seriously. Of the 10 Million followers of the FSM, lots of them actually believe it is all true. Of course, it is also populated by atheists, but not entirely. It's mostly believers.
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #8
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

So?

Doubtlessly, there is a nut, who believes in Invisible Pink Unicorn as well.

Old March 17th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #9
jon_hill987
Master of Nothing
Google Adept

Send a message via MSN to jon_hill987 Send a message via GoogleTalk to jon_hill987

I shouldn't think lots of people believe in FSM, most just claim it to make a point (i.e. religion is stupid).
Old March 17th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #10
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Exactly. A whole lot of people also believe, that if they stare at someone, and say "Booga Wooga!", that someone will fall ill and die. (I`m exagerrating, of course, but a lot of "pagans", who have no idea about paganism, attibute those "powers" to themselves.)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode
Rate This Thread: