Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > No Registration Required > Hatemail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hatemail Discussion People LOVE us! Come looky! This forum is open to non-registered users. Basically you don't need to bother registering (you lazy SOD!) to post your thoughts here.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM   #1
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Talking Hatemail #7. Author: JN4OldSchool

I found [the Church of Google] highly disturbing. In fact, I was Googles biggest fan, till this morning. I dont so much mind that [Google] wants to call themselves a church. thats cool. And the basic premis is great. But [Google] should have thought out the wording on their page a little better. As a Christian I find it highly offensive and it doesnt need to be. There are a lot of Christians in the US. Up till now we have laid fairly low and kept quiet about a lot but like it or not we still make up a vast majority, at least in this country. Google will end up pissing a lot of people off for no good reason except as a kind of joke. This was a major error on their part. I will continue to use Google, I have the home page in every browser on every computer set on Google. It is a way of life for me. But they lost some major respect this morning.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Default Re: Hatemail #7. Author: JN4OldSchool

A rare marvel in our collection - letter written by someone with three-digit IQ. Though, just to be fair, I have to mention, that every page contains a disclaimer about non-association with Google Co. in any way.

Old May 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Unregistered

i'm sorry, but low profile? bullshit. you christians have been tooting your own horn for as long as this country has been founded. dont make me laugh
Old May 29th, 2007, 02:44 AM   #4
Unregistered

I don't think decimal places count as digits.
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:37 AM   #5
Takeikin
Websurfer

Takeikin was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Takeikin Send a message via AIM to Takeikin Send a message via MSN to Takeikin Send a message via Yahoo to Takeikin Send a message via GoogleTalk to Takeikin
Question Re: Hatemail #7. Author: JN4OldSchool

http://www.halexandria.org/images/why_religion.jpg

Since when is that a vast majority?
Takeikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #6
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Well, per christian logic, everyone else just "does not counts", most of time.

Old May 30th, 2007, 06:58 AM   #7
Unregistered

"There are a lot of Christians in the US. Up till now we have laid fairly low and kept quiet about a lot but like it or not we still make up a vast majority, at least in this country."

Since when have Christians laid low and kept quiet about any objection they might have? Such a broad statement cannot be true, especially when there are people like the late Jerry Falwell to teach everyone what his/her morals should be.
Old May 30th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Heh.

Christian double standards strike again, I guess.

More often then not, I`ve seen Xians justify Fallwell, Phelps and Co. by simple - "They mean good."

Makes you wonder, who means more good, though - hatemonger Phelps or scientist Dawkins?

Old May 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM   #9
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Hatemail #7. Author: JN4OldSchool

i agree with the fact that i was googles biggest fan until i read this. i love the arguments that have been made for it, but it seems to me that this is just an excuse to let more ppl fight. this straight up insulted my relgion. i know there are many ppl who go around hateing on other ppl in the name of God, and i personally hate that. Ppl who go around cussing at others for having an opinion. i think this site is funny, but it crossed a line with me. First it insulted me,and then made fun of the company my brother in law has devoted hsi life to [microsoft]. I am severly saddened by this. I would understadn if it was just a joke, but comsidering it emphansizes "The Church of Google believes we should be tolerant of everyone's beliefs, provided said beliefs hurt no one.",...i guess that does not include feelings. I would not exactly say insulting ppl's relgions was tolerent. I will never use google again, and i will amke sure none of my associates do either. this relgion may have just made the word google mean bankrupt in a few years.
Old May 31st, 2007, 05:03 PM   #10
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Quote:
Originally Said by Unregistered View Post
i agree with the fact that i was googles biggest fan until i read this. i love the arguments that have been made for it, but it seems to me that this is just an excuse to let more ppl fight. this straight up insulted my relgion. i know there are many ppl who go around hateing on other ppl in the name of God, and i personally hate that. Ppl who go around cussing at others for having an opinion. i think this site is funny, but it crossed a line with me. First it insulted me,and then made fun of the company my brother in law has devoted hsi life to [microsoft]. I am severly saddened by this. I would understadn if it was just a joke, but comsidering it emphansizes "The Church of Google believes we should be tolerant of everyone's beliefs, provided said beliefs hurt no one.",...i guess that does not include feelings. I would not exactly say insulting ppl's relgions was tolerent. I will never use google again, and i will amke sure none of my associates do either. this relgion may have just made the word google mean bankrupt in a few years.
Scroll to the bottom of any of our main pages and read the footer please. "We are not affiliated with Google Inc." This is a religious movement completely independent of Google [the company].

Please do NOT reject Google and Her mighty Algorithms just because we offend you. Personally I think you're just oversensitive, but either way rejecting the Holy Google will only result in much pain on your part. Your prayers will go mostly unanswered.

Accept Google as your default search engine TODAY!
MeTHoD-X is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page