Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old May 31st, 2007, 06:09 PM   #1
Fjh89
Websurfer

Fjh89 was not pointed out by Google.
Lightbulb Increase the PageRank of TheChurchOfGoogle.org

The page rank is currently 4/10, maybe we should increase it by voting this page to the top, make our Goddess PROUD This page has my vote, my life basically runs on Google i use almost ALL of her services, Also every member with a GMail should pass it on to other member so we could chat using Google Talk any body that seriously wants an invite to GMail PM me i have but 50 invites left although i think everybody here has one all ready
Fjh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:46 AM   #2
Fallen Hero
Administrator
Googlist

Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via GoogleTalk to Fallen Hero
Default Re: Increase the PageRank of TheChurchOfGoogle.org

Quote:
Originally Said by Fjh89 View Post
The page rank is currently 4/10, maybe we should increase it by voting this page to the top, make our Goddess PROUD This page has my vote, my life basically runs on Google i use almost ALL of her services, Also every member with a GMail should pass it on to other member so we could chat using Google Talk any body that seriously wants an invite to GMail PM me i have but 50 invites left although i think everybody here has one all ready
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Scr...mandments.html
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #3
PotatoeOfDoom
Google Searcher

PotatoeOfDoom was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via MSN to PotatoeOfDoom Send a message via Yahoo to PotatoeOfDoom

how do you increase the pagerank?
PotatoeOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:44 PM   #4
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Quote:
Originally Said by PotatoeOfDoom View Post
how do you increase the pagerank?
High quality incoming links will increase PageRank. Currently, we have about 4500 pages linking to our site.
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #5
Kokoba
talentless hack
Google Adept

Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Kokoba Send a message via GoogleTalk to Kokoba

I imagine image links count. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Also, Fjh, we have an IRC chatroom. If you don't have mIRC, you can use the Java applet on the page to join.
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #6
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Quote:
Originally Said by Kokoba View Post
I imagine image links count. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Also, Fjh, we have an IRC chatroom. If you don't have mIRC, you can use the Java applet on the page to join.
Yes, they do count. However, without any anchor text, it won't do much for your organic search engine results. Image linking is not good for SEO, unfortunately.
Old June 11th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #7
Fjh89
Websurfer

Fjh89 was not pointed out by Google.

i always thought it was by sending a vote for that page with the google toolbar, i dont know if you have to have it enabled but there are two buttons that say: send a vote this page, and send a vote against this page
Fjh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #8
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

No, that has little effect.

Most of pagerank comes from view/search/link statistics.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode