Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Community > Googlism Debate
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Googlism Debate Not convinced Google is God? Post your arguments here. Please keep all debate relatively polite. Do no resort to name calling or personal attacks. We're not like every other forum, and we intend to keep things that way.

Old May 31st, 2007, 11:39 PM   #1
lolodalonghorn
Websurfer

lolodalonghorn was not pointed out by Google.
Default I'm not understanding this..

How can people worship a search engine?
Something that humans created themselves?
Why not worship the people or person who created it?
I was discussing this with a friend and he said this, "If they can find reason to believe that no other God exists, then what makes them so intelligent as to worship something made by their fellow human beings?"
Microsoft is Satan if I correctly read the FAQ, but I'm sure majority of you use Microsoft Word, Works, etc.
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:46 PM   #2
jon_hill987
Google Minister
Google Adept

jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.jon_hill987 is part of Google.
Send a message via MSN to jon_hill987 Send a message via GoogleTalk to jon_hill987
Default Re: I'm not understanding this..

As for worshipping a search engine, we don't. We simply state that the closest thing to a god that exists on this planet is Google. We can't "worship" the person who created it because they don't fit the definition of a god, they merely created something that does.

The Idea behind the entire site is to point out how stupid religion really is.
Take the MS = Satan thing, yes we do all use MS products even though we shouldn't according to Googlism but there are also many Christians who work on a Sunday though their lord forbids it.

antispam!
jon_hill987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:51 PM   #3
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Quote:
Originally Said by lolodalonghorn View Post
I was discussing this with a friend and he said this, "If they can find reason to believe that no other God exists, then what makes them so intelligent as to worship something made by their fellow human beings?"
Microsoft is Satan if I correctly read the FAQ, but I'm sure majority of you use Microsoft Word, Works, etc.
I think this is best answered by quoting the FAQ.

Why do you worship Google as a God?

Because Google is the closest thing to a God that humans can know and understand. We worship Google, and we can prove that not only does Google exist, but unlike any other god, it exists as we know it.

Additionally, we do not worship the humans who created Google because they themselves as individuals exhibit nothing even remotely god-like. Google on the other hand, does.
MeTHoD-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:57 PM   #4
James
Searcher

James is respected among Googlists.James is respected among Googlists.James is respected among Googlists.James is respected among Googlists.James is respected among Googlists.James is respected among Googlists.James is respected among Googlists.James is respected among Googlists.

Although i must admit i do admire them for founding something that is now considered in my eyes as a god. Who wouldnt want that to happen with one of their creations?

Microsoft shall fall by the mighty algorithms of The Google Trinity!
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM   #5
nozgrd74
Websurfer

nozgrd74 was not pointed out by Google.

Quote:

Humans created the thought of there being a god...so why not worship(<-- i use this term loosely) something that's actually provable. The bible/qoran..quoran..koran were written by men.
ROFL as far as i'm concerned Micro$hit is satan. I hate everything microsoft and despise anything they release. microsoft =
nozgrd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:26 PM   #6
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Vexx Send a message via MSN to Vexx Send a message via Yahoo to Vexx

I believe this thread has somewhat died...Let's leave it that way.

Also...I believe you can say 'shit' in these threads. There's no real punishment in doing so.
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:16 AM   #7
SAVAGE
Durr...
Google Adept

SAVAGE can speak raw queries to Google.SAVAGE can speak raw queries to Google.SAVAGE can speak raw queries to Google.SAVAGE can speak raw queries to Google.

Any kind of worship or doG belief is simply dad Wankery.
SAVAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:35 AM   #8
nozgrd74
Websurfer

nozgrd74 was not pointed out by Google.
Question Re: I'm not understanding this..

Quote:
Originally Said by SAVAGE View Post
Any kind of worship or doG belief is simply dad Wankery.
my last post then i'll leave this thread alone i promise .

what's doG? besides an animal lol; oh and what do you mean by dad wankery?
nozgrd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #9
SirRuben
Poster of stuff..
Google Adept

SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.SirRuben speaks with the voice of Google.

Quote:
*cough*the bible*cough*

If i have to find jesus, does that mean he's hiding? - "Come out, come out, wherever you are... oh, you’re on the cross again. Damn it jesus, you suck at hide and seek."

Last edited by SirRuben : September 7th, 2007 at 11:17 AM.
SirRuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #10
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

I guess it can continue on, now that people are interested in posting again. ^_^

nozgrd74 - Savage is attempting his best to show the contempt he has for Christian religion. Therefore, he spells God backwards: d-o-G.

As for "dad wankers" - it`s his favorite curse words. Doubling over as his favorite words overall. Without being too expletive, I tend to believe, that this particular curse suggests mutual masturbation and incest.

From psychologic point of view, I find it very curious, that exactly this wording is his most used one... Freudian slip, anyone? However, as you can see, it`s pretty... ardious, let`s say, to hold any meaninful conversation with him, at least over the net.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode