Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old June 1st, 2007, 03:35 PM   #1
brittney
Websurfer

brittney was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via MSN to brittney Send a message via Skype? to brittney
Default @thechurchofgoogle.org

Possible to get a church email? Should get a donation going to get the $50 needed for google apps and use as mail system! =)
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Default Re: @thechurchofgoogle.org

Maybe, but point of it?

Most of us have gmail or some other mailbox established and used as main one.

For that reason, setting up mail service could be just as well done for free, there`s just not much point in it yet.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM   #3
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Quote:
Originally Said by brittney View Post
Possible to get a church email? Should get a donation going to get the $50 needed for google apps and use as mail system! =)
Personally I like the idea. I don't have them set up though, so I'll have to email our host. How can I contact you when I get them up and working?

Kudos,
Matt
Old July 25th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #4
Googlist720
Google Searcher

Googlist720 was not pointed out by Google.

I think that would be a great idea. I would happily donate to such a cause, as needed.
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #5
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Vexx Send a message via MSN to Vexx Send a message via Yahoo to Vexx

I agree with Alice on this....Why have to pay for e-mail accounts for everyone when you have free ones off of any other site?
I suppose if you are part of the CoG, as in a minister or higher, you could use a CoG based E-mail for if someone needed to contact you off the forums...
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:49 PM   #6
I HATE googlism
Websurfer

church of google is stupid
I HATE googlism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #7
AaronD
"He puts the forum in the skin, or he gets the hose again."
Googlist

AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to AaronD Send a message via MSN to AaronD Send a message via GoogleTalk to AaronD

You have yet to say how it is stupid, only that it is or that you hate it. I'm pretty sure that we get the point already.
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM   #8
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Quote:
Originally Said by Vexx View Post
I agree with Alice on this....Why have to pay for e-mail accounts for everyone when you have free ones off of any other site?
I suppose if you are part of the CoG, as in a minister or higher, you could use a CoG based E-mail for if someone needed to contact you off the forums...
It would be free. It wouldn't cost money.
Old July 26th, 2007, 01:01 AM   #9
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

Sigh.

Look, Matt, why don`t you go ahead and try?

Frankly, the idea is pretty useless. Forum requires already existing mailbox to register. So box registration has to be outside of forum (hazardous), or inside (useless).

However... If you want it, go ahead and have at it. At this point, it`s easier to tell you "Go ahead." then explain you, why it`s not needed.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:22 AM   #10
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

Oh Alice in Underland... ever the pessimist.

It's kewl because you get your very own @thechurchofgoogle.org account.

Useless but !_kewl_! nevertheless. Which is always kewl in my books!

Kudos,
Matt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode