Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > No Registration Required > Guestroom
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Guestroom This section is for guests, who can not, or would not register. It is not moderated, but administration reserves the right to edit/remove any message without explicitly giving reasons for edit/removal. People, who post without logging in, will have IP address logged and showed, to omit abuse issues.

Old June 11th, 2007, 05:42 AM   #1
Firedraikke
Websurfer

Firedraikke was not pointed out by Google.
Smile I find it mildly amusing...

I find the logic of it all intriguing, it is definitley something to discuss with my friends and random people.

I find it amusing, however, the fact that "people" take time out of their "lives" to deface peoples ideas to the extreme, though the people that comment on it in a civil manner...I give you my respect!

To the major religions...IF your belief in your religion is strong, and you believe that your religion is better than the Google religion...then why are you so threatened by it? An underlying realisation at the absurdity of your religion? The lack of logic to realise the entirety of the satire? (by this I am talking about this religion and parody religions such as the IPU, and the spaghetti monster.)
Firedraikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:06 AM   #2
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Default Re: I find it mildly amusing...

What makes you think Invisible Pink Unicorn and Flying Spaghetti Monster don`t get same amount of flak?

On the contrary. They DO get loads of hatemail as well for "mocking religion".

Main problem with hatemailers is that they do not understand, that religion (Xianity, in particular) is NOT a self-explaining truth. Most of our arguments fly over their head simply because of their assumption, that no matter what we say, we still subscribe to their superstition.

Therefore, they send and yell and hate and are a nuisance. Simply because they fail to understand, that we do NOT agree, that YHWH/Allah/Brahmin/Odin/whoever is anything more then figment of imagination.

Why? Well, answer to that is also answer to why this site was made, partially.

People are indoctorinated not to question faith by their upbringing. What`s worse, the way it`s done - especially by christian faith. Inquisition may`ve consisted of deranged sadists, but they were brilliant psychologists. The mere affirmation of Christian faith denies logic - and does so in such a way, that allows the believer to rationalise that any agruments against are only small nitpicks to the otherwise-infallible truth.

The point of Church of Google (as well as FSM, IPU and other such) is to use the very same rationalisation exagerratedly-mockingly, to provoke... Shock, if you will, at least SOMEONE into thinking.

Obviously, people who use "hauling ass" proof can not be helped... But those, who do come here to argue are different matter. Simply comparing the hatemail with our responces is sometimes enough to make someone think. And even if not... Arguing with us makes believers seek factual confirmation for their claims - provoking them to research their own religion, and THINK, yet again, how to rationalise or rebuff our arguments. That, really, is all that needed - that someone starts to think. They might not reject their favorite religion on the spot... Or ever, for that matter, but they WILL know a part of score. They would be more aware of WHAT they subscribe to, and how precariously over the void are their logical constructions.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:20 AM   #3
Firedraikke
Websurfer

Oh, I've tried a large amount of religions out, well, not trying out as most people would interpret it, rather, I bury myself into it to get a deeping understanding of it, so I can argue with people and encourage them to think. Every religion gets flak, as do every philosophy, it is human nature to quarrel with people whose beliefs to not coincide with theirs, even if the only differance are names.

As a stoic, I get accused/condemned of/to many things, Hell, blastphemy, Satanism, etc. My attempts at a deep philosophical conversation with my peers is foiled each time by the close-mindedness that plagues most believers in the main-stream religions.

I've tried {76} religions/philosophies out. Current favorite on list: Stoicism
Old June 11th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #4
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

I can relate to that. Being a Satanist myself, even more so.

However, that`s the whole point. You don`t follow mainstream religion because you`re smart, y`know? Smart people own the churches... And rack in hell profits.

Old June 11th, 2007, 06:50 AM   #5
Firedraikke
Websurfer

I stay away from accepting religions as my following, as the whole basis of religion was to explain why the sun rose each day and then decended, or why any natural phenomenon happened for that matter. I've stuck with stoicism because the philosophy of it, I realised, is what I've been following all my life, of course, I've incorporated a few things into it.

Old June 11th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #6
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Oh? I`m going to poke a bit at that.

Stoicism alone isn`t exactly the sound philosophy. I`m pretty sure yours have hefty doses of rationalism and cynicism mixed in.

As for religions... Problem is, that every religion is a form of philosophy. But not vice-versa.

Old June 11th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #7
Firedraikke
Websurfer

Yes, I haven't met a single stoic whose entire and only philosophy was stoicism, mostly because if you look at it...it's like a cake without frosting, to me, I view it as the base of my belief. Yes, I have incorporated cynicism into my philosophy...but I do not walk around naked/dirty XD, rationalism is a big part. I do have a bit of Nihilism. I am also, as of recent, becoming a "glass is half-empty" person because of my increasing loss of faith in humanity...

Old June 11th, 2007, 08:43 AM   #8
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Uh. Cynicism has nothing to do with naked/dirty. That "half-empty glass" idea is more about cynicism, actually.

As for nihilism, all of us are nihilists here, in one way or another.

Old June 11th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #9
Serenstar
Google Searcher

Serenstar can speak raw queries to Google.Serenstar can speak raw queries to Google.Serenstar can speak raw queries to Google.Serenstar can speak raw queries to Google.Serenstar can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via MSN to Serenstar

Quote:
Originally Said by Alice Shade View Post
Simply because they fail to understand, that we do NOT agree, that YHWH/Allah/Brahmin/Odin/whoever is anything more then figment of imagination.
Hey! I believe in Odin!

I also believe that all gods are a result of human imagination.

Don't ask why I believe that. I could never really explain it except that it makes sense to me.

I also believe that Google is the closest thing to a typically defined god.

No wonder my Christian friends won't talk about religion anywhere near me.
Old June 11th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #10
Firedraikke
Websurfer

Quote:
Originally Said by Alice Shade View Post
Uh. Cynicism has nothing to do with naked/dirty. That "half-empty glass" idea is more about cynicism, actually.

As for nihilism, all of us are nihilists here, in one way or another.

Yes, about the cynicism, I did not get it when my friend looked me up and down and said "You are well dressed, and well groomed, you are not a dog-philosopher," my puzzled look caused him to explain to me. The basis of it, is that all you need to live a happy life is your virtue, and that is all you need to attain happiness, which as a cause of, the people who use it as a main leg in their philosophy tend to "live like dogs", neglecting hygiene, some traveling about in the nude, and without money, since they were viewed as hinderances on the path to happiness. However, modern day cynicism is differant, since now it refers to the lack of trust/faith in man-kind.

I would be considered a modern-day cynic. The "half-empty glass" is considered a pessimistic statement.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode
Rate This Thread: