Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Come on in and chat about whatever floats your boat. Technology, Religion, Science, Politics and of course Google Herself. Chat about whatever is on your mind.

Old July 5th, 2007, 04:27 AM   #1
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Vexx Send a message via MSN to Vexx Send a message via Yahoo to Vexx
Default Big Brother is so useful...

Really, it is. I am so glad that public schools use their cameral surveillance to help protect children. I mean...We have a right to know every single thing that goes on in everyone's life!

But seriously....This pissed me off. It brings up so many issues in my mind that I just....UGH.
Firstly....Of all the things to use the cameras for, they decide to go for people kissing in the halls! Surveillance is everywhere now and you can't escape it! Have we no privacy anymore?
Secondly.....I believe this has to do with a bit of homophobia! It's high school, people are going to be kissing in the halls no matter what you do! Should this principal man see a heterosexual couple making out, he'd probably just poke them, tell them not to do it in school, and go on his merry way. But two girls? HEAVEN FORBID! CALL THE COPS!
Thirdly....The parents of one of the girls pulled her out of school because of this! Are parents so naive as to think they can control who their children like or dislike? Parents now just try to know and control every single thing that their children think and do! Again, this is high school! Parents constantly remind high schoolers about how they should learn to grow up and think for themselves, yet they still insist on thinking for them! WTF, parents?

Anyhow.....Just something that irked me and I felt the need to rant about...
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:35 AM   #2
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Default Re: Big Brother is so useful...

Sigh.

Since then surveillance in school is even needed?

Somehow, I don`t see, how school needs surveillance systems at all. They don`t have valuable materials to safeguard, nor do they have security areas to maintain.

As far as it goes, security guard at the door is all that is needed in school.

Maybe I`m not correct on this issue, because frankly, I don`t have a good idea, just WHAT goes on at USA schools. What I know, that around here, the idea would be ludicrous. As far as I am aware, school IDs is as far as security around here goes in any case.

___

On a side note, showing a candid security footage without consent of ALL persons (or their guardians) to anyone is strictly verboten.

Aiding and abiding homophobia... I believe someone had just lost a daughter. I know I would not forgive trick like that.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:38 AM   #3
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Vexx Send a message via MSN to Vexx Send a message via Yahoo to Vexx

oh, my school here needs cameras. Mostly to keep from killings, many people fight over the most stupid things. The rent-a-cops they have here barely do anything anyway....
As for ID, they have those too. God forbid if you dont have one, you get sent to in-school-suspention and have to pay for a new one and whatnot...

Yeah, I believe they just lost a daughter. I know I'd be pissed if something like that happened....regarding anything
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:57 AM   #4
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade

...You know, the more I see, the more I come to believe, that USA needs a genocide of stupid to clean it up.

Unless you meant "killing each other" in a figurative way.

Frankly, I think that a little brawl and discipline is much more healthy for school environment then 24/7 surveillance.

Old July 5th, 2007, 05:01 AM   #5
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

well, depends who's fighting it.
Ghetto folk - most likely carrying knives and other weapons. Most have been to jail several times before. Most are in gangs. So yes, most likely to kill each other.
Everyone else - will try to kill each other, but eventually get over it.

Yeah, I don't really like USA. Everyone's like "omg, you don't know how priviledged you guyses are!!11!11one!" and I'm like "yeah, we're all overweight and stupid and being watched 24/7 by that hairless baboon in the white house!"
Gawd I wanna move to Australia...
Old July 5th, 2007, 05:12 AM   #6
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Well, let me put it this way.

Ghetto folk belongs to correctional facilities, not to schools, simple as that.

We here call those "colonies for troubled teens". They have a good track record of "fixing" up the attendance. Well, given, colonies are predominantly male, and most of graduates are shipped straight to army, but the solution is still quite working.

---

As for privileged in USA...

I don`t think you quite understand the infliction here, Vexx.

USA has the highest salaries and amenities in the world, closely followed by Europa.

Until recently, USA had also been one of the most economically stable and investment-friendly countries.

Putting it simply, privileged means simply the amount of money and services amassed you can garner.

Socially, USA is one of the most retarded countries in the world though... No offence.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:25 PM   #7
jzehner1436
Websurfer

jzehner1436 was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via Yahoo to jzehner1436
Angry Re: Big Brother is so useful...

I swear NONE OF THE DOMES AT MY SCHOOL HAVE CAMERAS

HTML Code:
www.myspace.com/josh_canada_or_bust
Quote:
CANADA OR BUST!
jzehner1436 is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page