Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old July 28th, 2007, 07:07 PM   #1
for the love of google
Websurfer

for the love of google was not pointed out by Google.
Default New Book of Google

I had an idea this morning. We can take some threads and change them into stories. These could be the passages of the Book of Google.

What do you think? It could then be flawed and imperfect just like other religous books.
Old July 29th, 2007, 05:56 AM   #2
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Default Re: New Book of Google

And what threads are you going to use for that, pray tell?

How about you`ll take one, and show a primer of what you want to write?

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:22 PM   #3
Rand
Google Searcher

Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via AIM to Rand Send a message via Yahoo to Rand Send a message via GoogleTalk to Rand

I have a few potential threads.

- http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/for...ead.php?t=1839

The telling of certain parts of The Church's values and purposes by one of the ministers (Using yours, Alice, I think).

- (any number of the hatemails)

The valiant of defense of Google from the non believers (with NO violence, just intelligent wording!)

- (The Commandments, the FAQ, Proof)

Self explained, I think. Can be part of the first, yeah?

- http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/for...ead.php?t=1834

The many uses of Google.

(EDIT): Will add more as I get ideas/time

Last edited by Rand : August 3rd, 2007 at 10:27 PM.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Vexx Send a message via MSN to Vexx Send a message via Yahoo to Vexx

I, myself, don't think we need much of a 'Book of Google'. I think that since Google is online, so should it's 'book'. Since CoG already has a website with everything needed to know and we have these forums...It's like an interactive online book of Google. Why should we need another? =P
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:25 PM   #5
Rand
Google Searcher

Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.Rand can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via AIM to Rand Send a message via Yahoo to Rand Send a message via GoogleTalk to Rand

For the satirical value?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:29 PM   #6
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.Vexx speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Vexx Send a message via MSN to Vexx Send a message via Yahoo to Vexx

Also, it'll probably give hate-mailers more of a reason to complain "Omigawds, ur jst copying -insertreligionhere- u even gt a bookzorz!!1!!1!one!"

But I suppose if anyone wants to try to make one, go ahead. Just make sure someone's going to be willing to buy it, should you publish it, or read it, if you just post it somewhere.
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #7
Rand
Google Searcher

And, we're going to not do something because of idiots complaining to us so we can make fun of them why?

I think it'd be a cool idea that could be cool in the long run if we put some thought into it.

It would be... requires input. No input, it's not going to happen.
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #8
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

Put some thought into it, huh? I'm listening.
Whoever actually wants to put this into action should step up...It only seems like there's about two or three people so far.
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:30 AM   #9
Rand
Google Searcher

I'd be willing to do some stories on an off... I like to write. But need more ideas
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:34 AM   #10
Vexx
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

Plan on making it like a bible? Go ahead and take it and Google-ify a bible then. 9.9 since the idea basically came from holy scripture

"first there was nothing...then came the big bang! Eventually man evolved and then Google was created!"

Or begin it with a user's manual...Actually, that might work. The User Manual for Googleists....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode