Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Community > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Come on in and chat about whatever floats your boat. Technology, Religion, Science, Politics and of course Google Herself. Chat about whatever is on your mind.

View Poll Results: Is Alice like a "Big Sister"? See post for details.
Yes, looks like it. 4 21.05%
No, don`t think so. 7 36.84%
Don`t know, or haven`t read 1984 to say for sure. 6 31.58%
Won`t tell to omit upsetting you. 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM   #1
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Question Big Sister?

Have you read 1984? Good. Now, question...

At times, I`ve heard people refer to me as "Big Sister". Not specifically on this forum, nor even specifically on the internet. Given, that my physical volume is modest past the point of being bashful and well into chaste, I don`t think that reference implies anything about my size.

However, in the "Big Brother" sense from 1984 novel... More like it.

What do you think?

Per your honest opinion, could I possibly satisfy the role of "Big Sister" in entirely Orwellian sense?

P.S. Poll is anonymous, and I give my word of honor, that I will not make any steps to determine, who voted what.

This is a psychological experiment for me, and I`m interested in results to understand myself better, not to find out, who likes me, and who - don`t.

Any opinions will be accepted with gratitude - whichever they might be.

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 09:49 PM   #2
Lord_Jereth
Dark Bishop
Google Searcher

Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Lord_Jereth Send a message via AIM to Lord_Jereth Send a message via MSN to Lord_Jereth Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Jereth Send a message via GoogleTalk to Lord_Jereth
Cool Re: Big Sister?

I would have to say no on the following basis:

You do not employ a "Thought Police". You don't care who folks associate or sleep with. Although you do feel the sense that everyone should worship you, being a satanist, you won't persecute folks who don't, per ce. You don't constantly watch over everyone, by whatever technological or military means, to make sure they live up to your standards. You expect intelligence in those you associate with instead of blind obedience and you value self-education above uninformed faith. You are a seeker of truth; you don't try to bury it.

In fact, I think you're just the opposite. But, that's just my opinion formed on what little I know of you and/or have observed of your behavior.

LJ

"Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate." - F.M. Knowles
<o[--------:8:-->}+=[@]=+{<--:8:--------]o>

"This aggression shall not stand, man!" -
Jeffrey Lebowski a.k.a The Dude
Lord_Jereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:13 PM   #3
Alice Shade
Red Cardinal
Scion of Google

Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.Alice Shade is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Alice Shade Send a message via AIM to Alice Shade Send a message via MSN to Alice Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Alice Shade Send a message via Skype? to Alice Shade Send a message via GoogleTalk to Alice Shade
Default Re: Big Sister?

Maybe.

But could I not be a, I dunno, a part of Illuminati, for example - using my intellect and ability to find the truths to further my own understanding of the order which the world should be in?

I don`t suffer from the lack of sanity.
It`s others, who have it in excess.
Alice Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 04:28 AM   #4
Lord_Jereth
Dark Bishop
Google Searcher

Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.Lord_Jereth is part of Google.
Send a message via ICQ to Lord_Jereth Send a message via AIM to Lord_Jereth Send a message via MSN to Lord_Jereth Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Jereth Send a message via GoogleTalk to Lord_Jereth
Talking Re: Big Sister?

The "Illuminati" as I understand it is a group of men running the world in the shadows for ultimate gain ... sorta like the Bush family and their Saudi cohorts. No, you can be abrasive at times but I wouldn't stick you with that moniker. Besides, you're too much of a lone gunman to be part of such a group. Again, being a satanist, it's all about YOU. By definition you don't play well or share well with others.

Again, just my take on things. I could be completely off base, here.

LJ

"Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate." - F.M. Knowles
<o[--------:8:-->}+=[@]=+{<--:8:--------]o>

"This aggression shall not stand, man!" -
Jeffrey Lebowski a.k.a The Dude
Lord_Jereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:52 AM   #5
Kokoba
talentless hack
Google Adept

Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.Kokoba is part of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Kokoba Send a message via GoogleTalk to Kokoba

TBH I last read 1984 when I was 10? 11? So I don't recall much, and I don't think I really properly "got" it, and I don't associate the "Big Brother" phrase with much more than the cultural construct, if you will (eg expressions like "Big Brother is watching you" etc).
Old September 24th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #6
Kyre
Searcher

Kyre was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via MSN to Kyre

I would not define you as a big sister type character. On the other hand i have no qualms whit calling you nosy and somewhat of an "besserwisser"

But that is just based of what i have read in the forums of you postings.
Old September 24th, 2007, 09:41 AM   #7
GeoffBoulton
Super Moderator
Google Adept

GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.
Send a message via Skype? to GeoffBoulton

Quote:
Originally Said by Kyre View Post
"besserwisser"
I concur
Psalms 2:11 Serve ye the Lord with fear: and rejoice unto him with trembling.

GeoffBoulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #8
Kyre
Searcher

Quote:
Originally Said by GeoffBoulton View Post
I concur

The term could and should just as easily be applied to me also :P
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #9
GeoffBoulton
Super Moderator
Google Adept

GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.GeoffBoulton is part of Google.
Send a message via Skype? to GeoffBoulton

Quote:
Originally Said by Kyre View Post
The term could and should just as easily be applied to me also :P
Well, we all have a bit of it in us don't we?
Psalms 2:11 Serve ye the Lord with fear: and rejoice unto him with trembling.

GeoffBoulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #10
Kyre
Searcher

You speak the truth!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode