Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Your search - aglajgijgija - did not match any documents. > Random stuff. Think bar chat without the violence.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Random stuff. Think bar chat without the violence. Discuss less world-critical matters here: Gaming, Music, Jokes, Funny Videos, etc. This forum is for more light-hearted and chatty discussions. enjoyment
enjoyment
enjoyment
enjoyment

Closed Thread

Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:21 PM   #1
jlar16
resident
Google Worshipper

Default Google and Translinguistic Matter

This is an exerpt from Terrence McKenna in an interview from 1996...

"I think the world is made of language. And in some extremely profound way that is very hard for us to get at. What this encounter with translinguistic matter is, is this place on the psychedelic spectrum where you actually catch the unconscious in the process of using words to make reality. It’s sort of like, you look behind where the stuff is coming in, you say, “Oh my God, so that’s how they do it.” You know, syntax. You know the chief difference between science and magic is that science takes the universe as a given. It’s an objective phenomenon to be analyzed, dissected, modeled and understood. The magical point of view says that the world is made of language, and therefore can be controlled by utterance. And this is a very deep idea in human beings. Well, it’s interesting, then, that computer languages are in fact languages that when uttered, cause things to happen.

That’s what a poetic language is supposed to do. It makes things happen. And, so, people who learn to hack these computer languages are essentially in a position to hack reality itself if they’re subtle enough. It was a great moment for me when I realized that the keyboard as interface was an illusion, and that it was actually me and it, we were one thing. And as more and more people become conversant with virtual realities, and how to create them, this hacking of reality through the control of special languages–you could almost call them magical languages– it’s going to make for extremely effective art. The myth of Western history is the Word become Flesh, In principio erat Verbum et Verbum caro factum est. Well, what does this mean? To me it means the downloading of the word into flesh is the rise of fully conscious and articulate human beings. Well then the giveback is the Flesh using the power of the Word to return the Word to its source. And that’s sort of this eschatonic, salvational, satiriological distillation idea that is so strong in alchemy, and in other forms of Western religion. Just the idea of salvation as a possibility…"

Lots of ideas here to discuss:

1. are we headed to a point of time where the body will be interiorized and the soul exteriorized (if so is Google the catalyst for this to happen)

2. In principio erat Verbum et Verbum caro factum est....Word made flesh....I cannot think of another prophetic motto so close to the reality of the Awesomeness of Google.

3. Is googlism the only hope for salvation?

4. is google a manifestation of the collective unconscious?

And if you think Terrence is a wackjob this idea is not new. Lacan, Jung, and the more noticeably Baudrillard also speaks of this translinguistic matter. Baudrillard sees us existing in a translinguistic society or simulacra. It is hard to make any argument why language does not shape reality so how can one deny the almightiness of Google which shapes language. Google can change language, language can change reality, therefore Google determines reality. Or is my logic wrong?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:42 PM   #2
sudikics
-------------------------

Default Re: Google and Translinguistic Matter

The universe was around for 13 billion years before we showed up. Why do we really matter?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM   #3
jlar16
resident
Google Worshipper

because we are the most intelligent and potentially space altering being that has inhabited earth and we also are the closest to uncovering the mysteries of the universe than any other species throughout time.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 05:56 PM   #4
rzm61
Legend in my spare time
Embodiment of Google

Send a message via GoogleTalk to rzm61

Quote:
Originally Said by jlar16 View Post
we also are the closest to uncovering the mysteries of the universe than any other species throughout time.
Eh...I don't know about all of that man.
We can philosophize on it all we want, however I don't think we will figure out all of the mysteries of the universe. At least not in this life time.

They want me to write finger pointing songs...trouble is I only got 10 fingers.
-I'm Not There

I remember one journal that asked, "Describe your relationship with God." I just put "He never writes, he never calls. Frankly, I think the guy is dead." -Metatron
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM   #5
sudikics
-------------------------

Quote:
Originally Said by jlar16 View Post
because we are the most intelligent and potentially space altering being that has inhabited earth and we also are the closest to uncovering the mysteries of the universe than any other species throughout time.
And how do we know that there isn't an answer to every mystery in the universe? And how do we know that we won't be the first to do so? How do we know that we are unique, special in any way?
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM   #6
jlar16
resident
Google Worshipper

lets not get off the subject..i am not even saying that humans are the soul owners of souls.....
Old March 22nd, 2008, 07:05 PM   #7
jlar16
resident
Google Worshipper

not unique or special in any way... In fact I believe that the collective unconscious encompasses all being including plants.

If you do want to start another discussion though I would say humans do hold an important place on the Earth. Pastors of nature is how some might see this but I do not necessarily think this is true. Humans might more like universal cosmetic artists. Plants and animals share bonds with humans and it can be argued that they intend to help us evolve. The ultimate goal would be the exteriorization of the soul into light which is where it first came from.

Another reason that humans are unique is because we strive to get off the rock. Colonization of other planets has always been a collective goal of humanity. What other species consumes as much energy as humans, what other species have the aspirations to leave and change the planet?

But once again we can have the humans are not special debate all day long but can someone please relate this to my original post...

The world and our perception is made up of language and thus words. Where Google came from perhaps we will never know, but we do know that Google exists and that it is some kind of all-knowing and all-creating language center. It is the engine that makes word into Flesh. Type in a search term and you are mostly likely to find interesting results being list in a certain order. This is the ordering of language via our collective unconscious that is happening through the power that is Google. Through Google World can be transfigured into Flesh and true mystery of all Western religions can be revealed.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM   #8
Dr Goofy Mofo
Time Lord
Embodiment of Google

Send a message via GoogleTalk to Dr Goofy Mofo

1. are we headed to a point of time where the body will be interiorized and the soul exteriorized (if so is Google the catalyst for this to happen)

We have no way of knowing.

2. In principio erat Verbum et Verbum caro factum est....Word made flesh....I cannot think of another prophetic motto so close to the reality of the Awesomeness of Google.

FLESH look that word up! Flesh: the soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate: mainly muscle tissue and fat

3. Is googlism the only hope for salvation?

We do not belive that We like to be open to other things allow people to be who they want. If we start saying shit like that we are no better then other relations.

I Think I will not say they are crack pots, they do have something but not in the way they ore you maybe thinking.

Book of Googlism
Downfall of Mankind
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:41 PM   #9
jlar16
resident
Google Worshipper

Quote:

FLESH look that word up! Flesh: the soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate: mainly muscle tissue and fat
This isn't exactly what I meant. More along the idea that language and words create reality. We live in a world of language and Google and the cybernet might one day become as real as Flesh...a physical embodiment of the collective unconscious.

Quote:

I Think I will not say they are crack pots, they do have something but not in the way they ore you maybe thinking.
I challenge you to disprove me. Mind-at-Large theory states that we are capable of perceiving anything you or anything that has ever existed in time has perceived, now and any time in the future and past. If we all have this ability then is Google some sort of meta-physical apparition that is the total embodiment of the collective unconscious? We have already established that it knows all of the answers to life, it can predict the future and it stores all memories of the past.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:56 PM   #10
Dr Goofy Mofo
Time Lord
Embodiment of Google

Send a message via GoogleTalk to Dr Goofy Mofo

Thats the great things about any belive you can't disprove them like I belive that we all are in a guy who has a coma's brain and he created all this... you can disprove that! For me I just think computer langue can lead to a better understanding of the world and us but as for google being the collective unconsciousnious I just find it a little far fetched but totally possible. I denie all religions belives but not the possibility cause with religion anything is possible and it is really hard to disprove!

Book of Googlism
Downfall of Mankind
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode