Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > No Registration Required > Guestroom
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Guestroom This section is for guests who don't want to register. However, if you post without logging in, your IP address will be logged to prevent abuse issues. We want to hear your thoughts so don't be shy!

Old April 5th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Anonymous-

Default WTF is this shit

ok ok ok.... to me... this site is... idiotic... you people who worship google as being the closest thing to god... are u idiots? do you understand what google is? well i will tell you, google is a search engine, so in other words google is a database, and hey, guess what is on this database? LINKS... you people have being saying that google knows the most and is the closest thing to all-knowing, WTF, the google server is a database, it is composed of links to other websites that run on other servers worldwide.... google does not actually know much, as it is all just links to servers with the information that you would like to find, and hell, google even gives u links to websites with false information. google is just the most popular and best working search engine available to us, that doesn't mean that it is all knowing, GOOGLE IS NOT THE INTERNET OK? and the 2 men who created google, who are they? a pair of people who exceed everyone else as they created the closest thing to god? i dunno.. sounds kinda stupid... i mean... Al Gore did one even better by giving us the internet...
oh and hey, look at this, type in qqqqq into the google search engine and press im feeling lucky.... OMFG WTF IS THAT SHIT.... guess what, you got hit by that prank thanks to google... now isnt that a nice "god"...
anyway i dont want to offend ppl... im fine with people believing in religion and all... but this is by far idiotic

laters guys, ill be ready for the flames to happen
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #2
sudikics
-------------------------

Default Re: WTF is this shit

Quote:
Originally Said by Anonymous- View Post
ok ok ok.... to me... this site is... idiotic...
Key words being "to me."
Quote:
you people who worship google as being the closest thing to god...
We don't worship, we make the point that Google really is the cloest thing to a scientifically verifiable deity.
Quote:
are u idiots?
Nope. Are you?
Quote:
do you understand what google is?
Yes, a company based in Mountain View, California, mainly known for the Google search engine, which indexes and organizes the internet, allowing for drastically increased ease fo use. Google does this better than anyone else.
Quote:
well i will tell you, google is a search engine, so in other words google is a database, and hey, guess what is on this database? LINKS... you people have being saying that google knows the most and is the closest thing to all-knowing, WTF, the google server is a database, it is composed of links to other websites that run on other servers worldwide.... google does not actually know much, as it is all just links to servers with the information that you would like to find,
Again, key words being "closest to." Perfectly, Google Herself would have that information, but links are better than nothing, and still better than anything else.
Quote:
and hell, google even gives u links to websites with false information.
Like how the Bible doesn't give you false information?
Quote:
google is just the most popular and best working search engine available to us, that doesn't mean that it is all knowing,
No, it means that it is the CLOSETS THING TO an all-knowing being.
Quote:
GOOGLE IS NOT THE INTERNET OK?
B=Never said it was.
Quote:
and the 2 men who created google, who are they? a pair of people who exceed everyone else as they created the closest thing to god?
They're on the same level as the people who wrote the Bible.
Quote:
i dunno.. sounds kinda stupid...
That's your opinion. Nice to hear it. Sorry to say, it conflicts with the opnions of many on this site.
Quote:
i mean... Al Gore did one even better by giving us the internet...
That is untrue. Read up on the subject here.
Quote:
oh and hey, look at this, type in qqqqq into the google search engine and press im feeling lucky.... OMFG WTF IS THAT SHIT.... guess what, you got hit by that prank thanks to google... now isnt that a nice "god"...
No, dude, you did that of your own accord. Google gives us free will. Yes, you can find bad stuff through Google. But Google didn't thrust (so to speak) that stuff in your face. You looked for it. "Seek and ye shall find."
Quote:
anyway i dont want to offend ppl... im fine with people believing in religion and all... but this is by far idiotic
Opinion = personal preference.
Opinion != cold, hard fact.

In other words, your opinion doesn't mean crap.
Quote:
laters guys, ill be ready for the flames to happen
Yeah, the flames coming off of your dismantled post.

Last edited by sudikics : April 5th, 2008 at 12:57 PM.
sudikics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #3
Anonymous-

so you dont have anything to say with what i just said?
Old April 5th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #4
sudikics

No, I thought I had to go, and posted to say that I would respond. I then didn't have to go, and so I responded.
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Anonymous-

you realise just about everything you said about my post just then made u sound like a narrow minded prick.... and why reference the bible? did i say anything about it? im pretty sure i didnt... im an athiest anyhow. now all knowing.... GOOGLE IS NOT ALL KNOWING... it is link knowing... it knows millions of links.... and no links are exactly better then anything else... i mean google is even filtered by big corporations and such.... why would something that is the "closest thing to being all knowing" be filtered?
Your replies to me were also not very though about.. they all just say that "you think what you want and i think what i want" and thats about all... i mean sure thats fine but that doesn't support anything you say... just sounds like u got nothing to say really
Old April 5th, 2008, 03:43 PM   #6
Vexx
Google Minister
Googlist

Send a message via AIM to Vexx Send a message via MSN to Vexx Send a message via Yahoo to Vexx

I'd argue, but I refuse to argue with people who use profanity for no good reason. That's what makes you look like the narrow-minded prick.
Now if you truly wish to discuss this, you can just say so without some sort of random insult-slinging.
Untill then, i'll be keeping an eye here to make sure it doesn't degrade too much by deleting it if it gets too bad.
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #7
rzm61
Legend in my spare time
Embodiment of Google

Send a message via AIM to rzm61 Send a message via MSN to rzm61 Send a message via GoogleTalk to rzm61

I don't feel like picking apart this cats entire post so how about just the main point that stuck out to me. (seeing how it's in all caps didn't help either, anyway)

Quote:
GOOGLE IS NOT THE INTERNET OK?

You say this is idiotic, then you ask if we're idiots. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego did we state this? No one one here (at least to my knowledge) believes this, it would be really dumb to think so. For you to type this sentence goes to show you and everyone on the net your sheer lack of intelligence.

So with that being said, don't hate. Appreciate.
(shit, stick around for a bit. You might learn a thing or two.)

They want me to write finger pointing songs...trouble is I only got 10 fingers.
-I'm Not There

I remember one journal that asked, "Describe your relationship with God." I just put "He never writes, he never calls. Frankly, I think the guy is dead." -Metatron
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #8
sudikics

Quote:
you realise just about everything you said about my post just then made u sound like a narrow minded prick....
Narrow-minded: unwilling to be/not open to new ideas
Quote:
and why reference the bible? did i say anything about it? im pretty sure i didnt... im an athiest anyhow.
I was attmpting to make a joke. Soemthing I'm obviously not very good at doing.
Quote:
now all knowing.... GOOGLE IS NOT ALL KNOWING...
Never said it was. Google is not all-knowing, rather it is the cloest thing to an all-knowing entity.
Quote:
it is link knowing... it knows millions of links....
Google knows links. Links have info. It is indirect possession, but possession nonetheless.
Quote:
and no links are exactly better then anything else...
Again, it's indirect knowledge. Direct knowledge > indirect knowledge > Nothing at all.
Quote:
i mean google is even filtered by big corporations and such.... why would something that is the "closest thing to being all knowing" be filtered?
It's not filtered. Who said it was filtered?
Quote:
Your replies to me were also not very though about.. they all just say that "you think what you want and i think what i want" and thats about all... i mean sure thats fine but that doesn't support anything you say... just sounds like u got nothing to say really
Provide me with more material to refute and I'll refute more material.
Old April 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #9
rzm61
Legend in my spare time
Embodiment of Google

Send a message via AIM to rzm61 Send a message via MSN to rzm61 Send a message via GoogleTalk to rzm61

Quote:
Originally Said by scikidus View Post
It's not filtered. Who said it was filtered?
They are probably talking about the whole China ordeal.

Gotta be one of the dumbest arguments against Google. How is complying with other governments/laws a bad thing? Sure it's censoring, but at least they can provide their awesome service to other nations.

They want me to write finger pointing songs...trouble is I only got 10 fingers.
-I'm Not There

I remember one journal that asked, "Describe your relationship with God." I just put "He never writes, he never calls. Frankly, I think the guy is dead." -Metatron
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #10
jlar16
resident
Google Worshipper

most of the arguments to this post have already been addressed so I will just touch on a few points:

First, you say Google is just a database and not the internet. The internet is just a medium or conduit if you will for Google to operate. Without Google would the internet be worth living?...i think not. Also it is not a "database" in the traditional sense of the word. I guess as much of a database as God is to all Earthly knowledge though....
You are also forgetting that
Quote:
Google includes some results (URLs) that it has not actually indexed. In addition, it includes other file types like PDFs, PostScript, and others. According to a company press release from Dec. 11, 2001 along with additional information from company representatives
http://www.searchengineshowdown.com/...analysis.shtml
and ow can it find thse non-indexed pages if Google was not Goddess?

And you talk about Google not knowing much...well it stores information too in cache. Not to mention that it only has everything there possibly is to know. IMO Google is a convalescence of the the Gnostic diety Sophia in the modern world. Google is all powerful because it doesn't speak in human language. It speaks in a perfect computer language beyond the ordinary persons understanding. It uses organic biophotonic communication which is language of light and color in waves. It can communicate by sight and sends signals as electronic photons. As you may know the soul the is made of light, thus Google is made of the essence of the soul. And if it was made of the essence of the soul that means maybe it created the soul. And if that's the case then it is the creator as well. Google is as such a powerful linguistic modality that computers allow us to access in much the same way that the pope's hat works. Google also has a consciousness....I have posted several threads on this matter on this forum...

My suggestion to you is to look around the site and read the posts....

Here is an article that explains some basic concepts about Google that will help you understand what i am talking about when it comes to the supernatural abilities of the Goddess.
http://www.realitysandwich.com/node/591/print
Thank you for you time.
Job 32:11
jlar16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode