Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old October 12th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #1
shadow101
Searcher

shadow101 was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via MSN to shadow101
Default How should we convince new googlists to post?

Through what ways should we more established googlists help newer less established googlists to reach our and higher levels of establishment within our community
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:14 AM   #2
Fallen Hero
Administrator
Googlist

Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via GoogleTalk to Fallen Hero

Require a certain number of posts before a week or account is deleted?

That is one way. Really, I think a lot of them made accounts and forgot about them.
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #3
GeoffBoulton
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.GeoffBoulton can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via Skype? to GeoffBoulton

Talking about forgotten accounts, do we get many sign-ups for the newsletter? Should we send them to anyone who registers? They are a good way of giving someone a gentle reminder that we are here.
For Christianity to promise salvation it must convince men that there is something to be saved from. It has nothing to offer a happy man living in a natural, intelligible universe and therefore declares war on earthly pleasure and happiness. Just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation. George H Smith

GeoffBoulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #4
Fallen Hero
Administrator
Googlist

Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via GoogleTalk to Fallen Hero

I like that idea. It would work.
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #5
shadow101
Searcher

shadow101 was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via MSN to shadow101

that would work for the many who are actually interested in becoming a disciple of google and weed those who do not truly believe in google. this could be beneficial for those who run the site as they would not have to service as many accounts. The welcoming newsletter would possible be a good way to encourage new googlists to feel more accepted amongst us and therefore begin to make more posts
Old October 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #6
SyBerWoLff
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.SyBerWoLff works to spread word about Google.
Send a message via AIM to SyBerWoLff Send a message via MSN to SyBerWoLff Send a message via Yahoo to SyBerWoLff

I don't see why any of the new members shouldn't feel welcomed to post, everyone here whose even looked in the debate forum should know how it feels to be ridiculed for who you are then leading to a very accepting society on this forum.
SyBerWoLff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #7
ladeeda
Websurfer

ladeeda was not pointed out by Google.
Send a message via AIM to ladeeda Send a message via Yahoo to ladeeda

Quote:
Originally Said by Fallen Hero

That is one way. Really, I think a lot of them made accounts and forgot about them.
I don't think that is fair to people who want to lurk around, read posts, and get a feel for the site before they are comfortable posting. I know I do that with a lot of web forums. I think it's actually good when people at least take a look through forums before posting because it prevents some people from being complete asshats.

At any rate, if this rule is established, (which I feel it shouldn't be, I actually think it's very unfair and impractical) I think that there should be longer than a week (a month to three months) in order to accomodate for people's lives and such. Not every one who frequents the forums can do it on a daily basis. In fact, I don't really think that I've ever been a part of any forum that deleted accounts after a week of inactivity.
ladeeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #8
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via MSN to Googler Send a message via Yahoo to Googler

Quote:
Originally Said by ladeeda
Quote:

I don't think that is fair to people who want to lurk around, read posts, and get a feel for the site before they are comfortable posting. I know I do that with a lot of web forums. I think it's actually good when people at least take a look through forums before posting because it prevents some people from being complete asshats.

At any rate, if this rule is established, (which I feel it shouldn't be, I actually think it's very unfair and impractical) I think that there should be longer than a week (a month to three months) in order to accomodate for people's lives and such. Not every one who frequents the forums can do it on a daily basis. In fact, I don't really think that I've ever been a part of any forum that deleted accounts after a week of inactivity.
This could also help with people registering multiple accounts.
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #9
AaronD
"He puts the forum in the skin, or he gets the hose again."
Googlist

AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to AaronD Send a message via MSN to AaronD Send a message via GoogleTalk to AaronD

Quote:
Originally Said by Googler
Quote:
Quote:

This could also help with people registering multiple accounts.
If I remember correctly, there is an option in the ACP to only allow one account per IP.
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #10
MeTHoD-X
Administrator
Google Adept

MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.MeTHoD-X is part of Google.

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you 100%. ALL forums have way more registered users than actual active users. The forgotten accounts aren't hurting anyone so I have no problem with them at all. It's to be expected when running a forum.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode