Church of Google Forum  

Go Back   Church of Google Forum > Other > Suggestion/Idea Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestion/Idea Box Have an idea or suggestion regarding our website? This is the place to post it. We're always open for new promotional ideas.

Old October 14th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #1
Jonathan
Searcher

Jonathan can speak raw queries to Google.Jonathan can speak raw queries to Google.Jonathan can speak raw queries to Google.Jonathan can speak raw queries to Google.Jonathan can speak raw queries to Google.Jonathan can speak raw queries to Google.
Default Two Thoughts

Firstly, I just wanted to say, I like the site (and the Church). I like how the main site resembles the simplicitly of the great Google.

1) Add a disclaimer to the bottom of the page that the Church of Google is not affiliated with Google. Some people, as noted in the hate mail, could mistake this to be a project of Google.

2) Perhaps make a custom design for the forums to reflect the simplistic Google design the main site enjoys.

Ace job on the site.

Jonathan
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #2
AaronD
"He puts the forum in the skin, or he gets the hose again."
Googlist

AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.AaronD speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to AaronD Send a message via MSN to AaronD Send a message via GoogleTalk to AaronD
Default Re: Two Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Said by Jonathan
Firstly, I just wanted to say, I like the site (and the Church). I like how the main site resembles the simplicitly of the great Google.

1) Add a disclaimer to the bottom of the page that the Church of Google is not affiliated with Google. Some people, as noted in the hate mail, could mistake this to be a project of Google.

2) Perhaps make a custom design for the forums to reflect the simplistic Google design the main site enjoys.

Ace job on the site.

Jonathan
Forum skinning is something I do best. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time, and a lot of frustration. The simplicity of Google, though, would be much easier to imitate.
Old October 14th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #3
Fallen Hero
Administrator
Googlist

Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via GoogleTalk to Fallen Hero

This is really simple as it is, I would say that this setup is as simple as Gmail's setup.
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 08:34 PM   #4
Idem
Searcher

Idem was not pointed out by Google.

I do believe you should add that disclaimer; I did see that reflected in one of the idiot's e-mails.
Idem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #5
Fallen Hero
Administrator
Googlist

Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.Fallen Hero is respected among Googlists.
Send a message via GoogleTalk to Fallen Hero

It is kind of surprising that people cannot figure that out. A company would have to be very conceited and arrogant, beyond the worst of today, to make a church that worships one of their products.A little logic would sort it out. However, it is for the best that they are warned.
Dark oceans we cry... God wonders why... but we see ourselves in darkness with our love. Abandoned by space and time, we are still alive, we are not alone. We are one under the banner of the fallen angel!
Fallen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:21 PM   #6
disciple
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via AIM to disciple

Not a bad idea; it may stop the great ones getting pissed off, (by idiots complaining), and instigating legal action.
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:35 AM   #7
Nameless
Retired Minister
Google Adept

Nameless was not pointed out by Google.

The kind of people stupid enough to believe this is a project of Google's are the kind of people who are stupid enough to not read fine print on principal. :roll:

I think the forum design as it is is good.
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:59 AM   #8
disciple
Google Minister
Google Worshipper

disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.disciple can speak raw queries to Google.
Send a message via AIM to disciple

Quote:
Originally Said by Nameless
The kind of people stupid enough to believe this is a project of Google's are the kind of people who are stupid enough to not read fine print on principal. :roll:
Too true: however I was thinking of 'The Creators' of our god. Knowing how vengeful other creators are supposed to be I was trying to avoid boils on my arse; as this would make worshiping very unpleasant!
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:02 PM   #9
Idem
Searcher

Idem was not pointed out by Google.

Quote:
Originally Said by Nameless

I think the forum design as it is is good.
True, but still, it will mean less people using Google, even if those people were born with but a spinal cord.
Idem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:18 AM   #10
Googler
Administrator
Google Adept

Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.Googler speaks with the voice of Google.
Send a message via AIM to Googler Send a message via MSN to Googler Send a message via Yahoo to Googler

lol very funny, but some people are stupid so who knows. Maybe a disclaimer is needed.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode